Options

Dynamic Grouping in Report NAV 2009

PratyushaMenonPratyushaMenon Member Posts: 18
edited 2013-09-19 in NAV Three Tier
I have a requirement of creating a report that groups the output , on the basis of the grouping option selected by the user. The report primarily has to group on bass of the following parameters: Customer,Salesperson Code,City,State (coming from Customer table) and Global Dimension 1 (i.e. Location) and Global Dimension 2 (i.e. Branch) (coming from the Location table). I had decided to initially test the grouping only on Customer fields. So this is how I did it:
    Keys on Customer DataItem is set to Salesperson,City,State Code. and group total fields No.,Salesperson Code,City,State Code
      Have made a separate GroupHeader for every grouping parameter. So in this there would be 4 GHs.
        On every OnPresection written the following codes:

***** For Customer Grouping****
        IF GroupBy = GroupBy::Customer THEN
        BEGIN
        Customer.SETCURRENTKEY("No.");
        CurrReport.SHOWOUTPUT := CurrReport.TOTALSCAUSEDBY = Customer.FIELDNO(Customer."No.")
        END
        ELSE
        CurrReport.SHOWOUTPUT := FALSE;

*******For Salesperson Code*********
        IF GroupBy = GroupBy::Salesperson THEN
        BEGIN
        Customer.SETCURRENTKEY("Salesperson Code",City,"State Code");
        CurrReport.SHOWOUTPUT := CurrReport.TOTALSCAUSEDBY = Customer.FIELDNO(Customer."Salesperson Code")
        END
        ELSE
        CurrReport.SHOWOUTPUT := FALSE;

And so on for other parameters. Where GroupBy is an Option variable.
        However, the Report output comes out blank.

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
          KishormKishorm Member Posts: 921
          You need to do the following...

1) Set the GroupTotalFields property of the Customer dataitem to "No.","Salesperson Code"

2) Use SETCURRENTKEY to set the appropriate key in the OnPreDataitem trigger (not on OnPreSection triggers)

3) Use TOTALSCAUSEDBY in the OnPreSection triggers to show/hide sections (as you are doing)
        • Options
          PratyushaMenonPratyushaMenon Member Posts: 18
          Thanks a million for the help...! And sorry for the late acknowledgement :lol: =D>