Options

Replicator or Terminal Server

CarlosCarlos Member Posts: 21
edited 1999-12-17 in Navision DOS
I have to connect an remote office to our Navision Server. But I am sure a simple ISDN connection in too slow.
Have any of you experience with Replicator for Navision? Is it better than a WTS solution?
Thank you in advance for your comments,
Carlos Adrian Martínez
nvision@correo.interlink.es

Comments

• Options
    dbdb Member Posts: 82
    I'm working in replication about 1 year & have some experience. I started with NF 1.30 but don't think that there many differences in older versions.
    Then chose replicating then terminal solution:
    Chose terminal :
    If your department have up to 2 users & don't have huge work.
    If your departments have same priority as headquater (must have data from couple departments, must have full accsses to all data & make all transactions)
    If you don't care about data permisions (that department will see all transactions).

Chose replicating:
    if department have hard working stations or have a lot of work.
    if you need hide data from department.
    if department have diferent db dessign.
    if need data conversion.

If you decide use replicating be ready for changing C/AL in all tables.

I have maded solution in replicating. We are using 64kbps lines & have 11 departments with ~30 users (2-4 users in every department). They makes ~30 Mb traffic every day & it takes up to 4 hours replication. We chose replicating becouse Terminal solution was to slow & to expencive. Next thing: data protection from department viewing.
  • Options
    CarlosCarlos Member Posts: 21
    Thank you very much, I think then I will try first with Terminal Server and if it is very slow, then I will replicate, but it seems to be so much complicated than a terminal server solution.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWER.

Best regards,
    Carlos Adrian Martínez
    nvision@correo.interlink.es