Options

CP Handler and Navision Communication Component version 2

ntnt Member Posts: 160
hi,
anyone knows what is the diference between this two type of automation variables, and when i got to use one or the other, how i choose?
i wanna use with NAS, to receive a XML object not a string with XML.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    SaalekSaalek Member Posts: 181
    HI
    To do thas using NAS, I recomende you use CP Handler. I used it to receive XML files from QUEUES.

I don't know wath is Navision communication component.

Bye
  • Options
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    The communication component with the MQBusadapter works just as well as the CPHandler. There are examples of how this works in the Biztalk codeunits.

In the "Nas\Common\Navision\Communication Component" folder of your product cd, there is a file called "devguide.chm", and this helpfile will explain exactly what you can do with the communication component.
  • Options
    i'm trying to receive a xml message from biztalk but i can't get them. i think that is because in the start of the message there tow strange caracteres.
    any idea about this?

thanks.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    There's an example of how to use the communication component and the MQBusadapter in the file I pointed out to you. I have a number of interfaces running on that principle, receiving XML documents into message queues. At what point does it not work?

Two things you need to know:
    1: The label of the message MUST be "Navision MSMQ-BA". If it is anything else, the adapter will ignore the message.

2: The message queue MUST be a non-transactional message queue. messages in a transactional message queue simply disappear.

So, if you are using Biztalk 2002, you are in luck, because that version is able to use non-transactional message queues. If you are using later version of Biztalk, then you are out of luck, because that one does not know how by default how to send a message into a non-transactional message queue. In that case, you will need to write a component that can send a message to a non-transactional queue, and register it as a queue trigger.