Sorting not by alphabet?

yuppicideyuppicide Member Posts: 410
edited 2013-04-15 in Navision Attain
Nav 3.10.. I don't think this is doable, but not sure.

I have a report that shows Items, Colors, and Sizes. I know this is something people don't have but hear me out and maybe you know if it's doable or not.

The problem with the report is that it does
DataItemTableView     SORTING(Item No.,Color Code,Size Code)

-- it sorts by Size Code in Ascending or Descending order.. thus by default the order it shows on the report is L, S, XL (Large, Medium, Small, X Large, alphabetical order).

Is there some way I can make it take S, M, L, and then XL in that order?

Some how it puts it in order on a Picking Sheet, for example, I just can't figure out how.

I have other reports that sort by size also, which would be a great help to fix.

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    There are many ways to do this, but without knowing at least some basic information its hard to give you the best advise. One way is to create a new field of type option with the options "S, M, L, XL, XXL" etc. Map this to the current field and then sort on the new field.

Or a more generic and probably better solution is to add an integer sort where say S = 1, M = 2 L = 3 etc. In effect its the same solution as above, but can be applied to more scenarios.

Another is to create a new field CODE that is a combination of the three fields Item no, color size and sort just on one field that now you can custom control how you want it.
    David Singleton