Options

Lookup not working in RTC

DKFFoxDKFFox Member Posts: 12
edited 2013-04-03 in NAV Three Tier
I have a problem with a table lookup in RTC. One table has several fields which lookup to other tables, most of these work but there are two that just do nothing when clicked and I have no idea why.

The story is like this:
Originally these fields were using coded lookups which worked fine.
In order to bring them in line with Nav standards I removed the coded lookups and added a table relation to the main table and made sure the LookupFormID is defined in the tables being looked up. I compiled everything and everything worked fine.
Next I realised I had missed two fields so I made the same changes for these and recompiled, and these are the two lookups that don't work any more. Not sure if it is a coincidence but it seems that Nav has made some decisions deep down that it doesn't want to change.
These two fields now can't be looked up from anywhere, even if I create a new table with a new field linked to the Run Type table it still refuses to lookup. ](*,)

Any ideas?
Fyi, none of the fields being looked up are key fields - though I will try that and see if it makes any difference. The fields doing the looking have ValidateTableRelation and TestTableRelation set to No.

Comments

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Did you remove the code from Onlookup trigger or just commented?

remove all code including any local variables and try..
  • Options
    Thanks but I removed ALL code, even the blank lines and invisible characters. Been around long enough to know that little trap!

But the good news is that I have fixed the problem. All I had to do was delete the fields and recreate them from scratch. The new fields have exactly the same properties as the old ones, including the field numbers, except that they work - if in doubt wipe it out. Go figure.
    So as I suspected Nav is remembering something somewhere and not letting it go.
    btw I created test forms in classic and had the same problem/solution in there.
  • Options
    Rob_HansenRob_Hansen Member Posts: 296
    And you checked for any local variables/text constants? This behavior sounds exactly like what happens if any of those are defined in the trigger...and deleting/recreating the fields would fix that issue.
  • Options
    Local variables yes, local constants probably but it's too late to check for sure.