Options

Importing and converting from other ERP-programs to Navision

Michael_SchumacherMichael_Schumacher Member Posts: 81
Hello there,

Is there anyone out there in the dark who had successfully imported Sales Orders and Purchase Orders where some delivery and invoices had been done with all needed financial postings?

I just looked at the code which is performed when you post an order in Navision. Even for Purchase there are 22 tables touched in write mode with codeunit Purchase Post and there are other codeunits called.

I'm getting mad thinking of all the programming which must be done to do this with orders, delivery notes and invoices and cash flow from other programs.

a just created order is not a problem because there are only 2 tables involved, but what about those, which are further in workstate like posted orders asf. :?:

greetings from good old Germany
Michael Schumacher
regards,
Michael Schumacher

oh, what day is it? Backup day. OK, let's dump all data to /dev/nul ;-)

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Sure, all you need to do is call codeunits 80 or 90. Of course you will have to make sure that the data in the orders is correct, or otherwise your code will cause errors. But codeunits 80 and 90 should take care of everything.

To see this for yourself.... open a sales order and set quantities to ship/invoice. Turn on the debugger. Post the order. walk through the debugger and see what happens. If you want to automate this, you will have to simulate the first few steps and then the posting routines will take care of the rest.
  • Options
    DenSter wrote:
    Sure, all you need to do is call codeunits 80 or 90. Of course you will have to make sure that the data in the orders is correct, or otherwise your code will cause errors. But codeunits 80 and 90 should take care of everything.

Thanks, but what about the posting dates?
    do I have to change the workdates or will the codeunits take care of the dates in the order and orderlines?
    regards,
    Michael Schumacher

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    You can just put the correct posting date in the header just before posting.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    kriki wrote:
    You can just put the correct posting date in the header just before posting.

I think this will help a lot, because from the import-XML-Files I can put the dates directly in the needed fields....
    and from the code I know that I have to set the fields Shipment, Receive resp. Invoice to yes if this action should be taken. what about Deliveries that are splitted? Do I have to repeat this once for each action date? I think so....
    regards,
    Michael Schumacher

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    That is correct. You will have to program the required values, and send the order header into the posting codeunit, and it will take care of everything. The trick is to figure out which values to set to post automatically to prevent errors from occurring. I'll give you a hint: one of them is the posting date :).
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    I just have to say this

CHANGE YOUR USERNAME; you don't want to use a LOOSERS name!!!!

Regards,

A very big formula 1 fan which enjoys this season!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    CHANGE YOUR USERNAME; you don't want to use a LOOSERS name!!!!
    [-X
    IF you want to have trouble, then say it loud and clear and you will get trouble! :evil:

Can you imagine, that someone uses his real name?
    regards,
    Michael Schumacher