Action Group in Home Ribbon

superpuzsuperpuz Member Posts: 53
edited 2013-11-05 in NAV Three Tier
hi,

I'm developing a solution and there should be an action to be run from the Sales Order page (Page 42). I'd like to promote my action to the "Prepare" group (by design). How we can do this? I amazed that I couldn't find any part of the object content "prepare" word, even when I exported the Page 42 to *.txt file. I assume there's a setting outside this object.

Any clue how to customize the Action Group on the Home Ribbon by Design?
Regards and Thanks,

Superpuz

Comments

• clauslclausl Member Posts: 455
    Quite many actions are done in configuration in NAV 2013, and that is why you cannot see them in the Page Designer.

See i.e. Page 22 in Page Designer Preview and in the actual RoleTailored client here:

As you can probably see the differences are many.

So if you want to change this you will need to do this in the configuration on the RTC.

When done with configuration you need to export the profile and share this with your customers.

/Claus Lundstrøm
    Claus Lundstrøm | MVP | Senior Product Manager | Continia.com
    I'm blogging here:http://mibuso.com/blogs/clausl and used to blog here: http://blogs.msdn.com/nav
    I'm also offering RDLC Report Training, ping me if you are interested. Thanks to the 700 NAV developers that have now already been at my training. You know you can always call if you have any RDLC report issues :-)
  • superpuzsuperpuz Member Posts: 53
    clausl wrote:
    Quite many actions are done in configuration in NAV 2013, and that is why you cannot see them in the Page Designer.

See i.e. Page 22 in Page Designer Preview and in the actual RoleTailored client here:

As you can probably see the differences are many.

So if you want to change this you will need to do this in the configuration on the RTC.

When done with configuration you need to export the profile and share this with your customers.

/Claus Lundstrøm

Thanks Claus

btw, is this mean that we need to import the profile on every PC using Windows Client? Does this also apply to the web client?

PS: I just found out that I don't need to import on every Clients machine. it seems that the import, importing something to the Database server and used it for default personalization for every user that use the profile, is that right?
    Regards and Thanks,

Superpuz
  • gbaylissgbayliss Member Posts: 16
    Go to the page properties and look at the PromotedActionCategoriesML property.

This will be something like this for ENU language code:
    ENU=New,Process,Report,Category4_Label,Category5_Label, ..., Category10_Label

You need to determine which category is labelled Prepare.

Once you know which category (let us assum in this example it is Category4) you need go to the property sheet for the action and set the following properties
    Promote=Yes
    PromotedCategory=Category4
    PromoteIsBig=Yes

Your action should now be promoted to the correct category
    You change the pages 3 places:

1. In Customization = Page Designer(Usually done by the partner). Shared as FOB.
    2. In Configuration = RTC in config mode(Usually done bý the partner and Super User.) Share as XML and imported on the server only for the specific role modified.
    3. In Personalization = RTC for specific user only. Not shared.

So in your case it is Configuration only and the profile.xml only need to loaded on the server and not on each client machine.

@gbayliss, the Promoted Action Groups done only in Configuration can neither be seen or modified from Page Designer.

/Claus Lundstrøm
    I'm blogging here:http://mibuso.com/blogs/clausl and used to blog here: http://blogs.msdn.com/nav
    I'm also offering RDLC Report Training, ping me if you are interested. Thanks to the 700 NAV developers that have now already been at my training. You know you can always call if you have any RDLC report issues :-)
    Hi All,

Thx for the replies. As I remember, I managed to export a profile and import it somehow. but now, every time I import a profile which I export earlier, the error bellow occurred.

Microsoft Dynamics NAV

The Profile already exists. Identification fields and values: Profile ID='ORDER PROCESSOR'
    OK

Honestly I'm not 100% understand how the personalization works.
    1. If I personalize a page (ex. customize ribbon), let say on Sales Order Page, will the personalization applies to another computer when I log on using the same user account in the same database? will it also applies to another user account?
    2. where the xml file that I export (using export profile) should be imported? another database? the same database using another user account? or the same database on another computer?

Thx for any response :)
    Regards and Thanks,

Superpuz
    It's all explained here:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd355323(v=nav.70).aspx

If you do the configuration at the customer setup, there is no need to export the profile.

/Claus Lundstrøm
    I actually developing a solution that require some new action added to Home tab on the Ribbon (group Prepare) in Sales Order Page. Also, for some reason I must remove the post action from the page, which leave the posting action in posting group in the home tab lost it's functionality. When I deliver this solution to the customer, I want my new action is in place and the useless menu in posting menu group is gone.

How do I do this?

I've tried to export the profile (order processor) using "Export Profiles" to an xml file. When I tried to import it to another computer (customer server) an error occur:

Microsoft Dynamics NAV

The Profile already exists. Identification fields and values: Profile ID='ORDER PROCESSOR'
    OK

Then I tried to delete the profile (Order Processor) using the profile card, then import again. The import is seems successful, but I can't see then changes I've made in my development PC in the server computer , even after restart the service and re-login to NAV 2013 in the destination server computer.

What did I miss?
    Regards and Thanks,

Superpuz
    Are you the owner of the profile you are importing? Check the "Profile Card" for your profile.

/Claus Lundstrøm
    clausl wrote:
    Are you the owner of the profile you are importing? Check the "Profile Card" for your profile.

/Claus Lundstrøm

Hi Claus, thx for continuing reply my question.

I've tried some trial:
    Trial I:
    1. In first database, Modify ribbon in page 42 - Sales Order using NAV\Administrator (super and the owner of the Order Processor profile). Export Profile
    2. delete Order Processor in second database, import the exported profile on step no. 1 to second database.
    3. Open RTC then connect to the Second database using a user with Order Processor as its profile.
    4. Open Sales Order on second database
    Trial result: No personalization in first database is brought to second database.

Until now I still cannot understanding how export and importing profile affect personalization. Would you please provide me step by step to move a personalization form my development environment to customer's live environment?

Regards,

Philipus
    Regards and Thanks,

Superpuz
  • gtrgtr Member Posts: 131
    Hello,

I can't find the way to Export and later Import the configuration.
    Could someone post the way to do this ?

Thanks!
    gtr wrote:
    Hello,

I can't find the way to Export and later Import the configuration.
    Could someone post the way to do this ?

Thanks!

Using Export / Import Profile? May be that will answer your question.

Still don't know how this works though. Is there anyone tells us how to make the personalization in the live environment be made the same with the one we design in development area (RTC on the other machine, another NAV service Instance, etc)?
    Regards and Thanks,

Superpuz
  • RallnusRallnus Member Posts: 79
    Yes, I've got the same problem.

I followed all the mentioned steps, but I couldn't restore a default profile by xml file.

The personal settings seem to have priority instead of the xml file.

My way was:

- export a xml profile as a default backup
    - changing the personal user settings for the ribbon
    - import the profile
    - result: the user settings are still visible

Another question: where can we customize the visibility of the home menu?
    (see screenshot)
    Rallnus (Yamaha FJ1200 - '89 / 25th anniversary was great!)