Options

How to remove dialog message while sending mail thru Nav3.70

jm1jm1 Member Posts: 13
Hi,

I need a solution. Please anyone who can help me how to remove the confirmation message while sending email thru navision 3.70. I've searched from the outlook but it only mentioned to check from the vendor. Are there any alternative solution for this?

best regards
Jm1

Comments

• Options
    Dean_AxonDean_Axon Member Posts: 193
    Hi JM1,

The message you are getting is a security warning from outlook ?

if so, you cannot remove the message with this version as it is not a secure dll file.

The olhandler used in v4.00 is digitally signed by MS and can be reverse engineered to databases on earlier versions(this is how we operate it) but you must also upgrade the C/AL side to version 4 as it is only compatible with this version.
    Remember: Keep it simple
  • Options
    jjbogartjjbogart Member Posts: 4
    we have also the same problem

we use an external freeware program : express clickyes 1.1

this utility answer the question automatically, so you do not need
    to answer everytime. it is not very sofisticated but it works very well

jose maria fernandez
    diessa madrid
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    We are using another way to send e-mails. Some SMTP utility... you can find more in another topics... there is plenty freeware SMTP utilities...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    SaalekSaalek Member Posts: 181
    Hi
    Sorry if my English isn't very good

To resolve this problem, it existes a patch to create an Outllok security form and you can autoconfigure in Exchange server.

It is is the same message when you send a mailing from the segments, and after aplly this patch, the 2 messages disapears.

It is in this location:

To install the Outlook Security features administrative package, run Admpack.exe from the \Files\PFiles\ORKTools\ORK10\Tools\Admpack\ folder on the Office Resource Kit CD.

If you doesn't have this CD, i can send you

Bye
  • Options
    Dean_AxonDean_Axon Member Posts: 193
    Hi Saalek,

do you have the configuration settings for that ??

I have tried this for the last 2 years and never had a sucessful implementation of what you suggest.

TIA.

Dean
    Remember: Keep it simple
  • Options
    SaalekSaalek Member Posts: 181
    Hi Dean

It works fine if you have an Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 clients.

In the security form I checked all the options in automaticaly approve

I just configure our test server and some pc this morning they work fine

Have you "used Outllok 10 Security Setting" or "Outllok Security Setting" folder ??.

Have you followed all the steps in the .DOC file ??

:-k

Bye
  • Options
    Hi Dean Axon, jjbogart, kine & Saalek

Thanks to all of you guys for sharing me your knowledge to solve my problem. Specially to you "jjbogart" for your suggestion whereas it easy to implement.

Best Regards
    Jm1
  • Options
    aleix1979aleix1979 Member Posts: 213
    Hey Jose Maria!

Just import version five functionality into the 3.7 database and it works fine! \:D/

Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 though. You should have to track the liked codeunits and add some new fields in tables at some point to match V.4 structure!

Saludos!

PD: Que hizo el Barc,a el ultimo fin de semana?
    Navision Developer
  • Options
    Hi aleix1979,

Sorry but I don't understand what is the version five functionality that I have to import. Can you please explain in details what this means or where to find this functionality. Thanks!

By the way amigo my name is not Josie Maria... I'm Joel Magno.

Regards
    jm1
  • Options
    aleix1979aleix1979 Member Posts: 213
    Sorry jm1

Jose maria is jjbogart posting in this thread.

I meant "four" functionality (Version 4). My apologies. If you import that into a V3.7 database fixing que differences you will find that version four doesn't ask for confirmation in the Outlook side. 8) I only tried that with Outlook 2003

Regards
    Navision Developer
  • Options
    jjbogartjjbogart Member Posts: 4
    dear jm1

i am glad to help in this ocassion. sorry not being able to answer before but i was in a business trip

regards
    :D
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    aleix1979 wrote:
    Sorry jm1

Jose maria is jjbogart posting in this thread.

I meant "four" functionality (Version 4). My apologies. If you import that into a V3.7 database fixing que differences you will find that version four doesn't ask for confirmation in the Outlook side. 8) I only tried that with Outlook 2003

Regards

Can you tell us what needs to be done in order to remove the security message when Navision 3.70 tries to contact Outlook 2003? I'm talking about taking some Navision 4.0 functionality and use that in version 3.70.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    I believe it is the OLHandler.dll

It is used in Codeunit 5072 Outlook Application Management

Regards,

Marq
  • Options
    ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    You can but don't need to upgrade. This program is better and more secure then ClickYes and the exchange solution and is free and works all the time.

http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/security/
  • Options
    Does it also work with NAS, when no user is logged in?
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    Sorry, haven't tried that but if the NAS service is running as a nt useraccount . You can log in with this account and setup the permission. After that it should work i believe.
  • Options
    It depends if that program is running as a service, or if it is started when one logs into Windows. If it's the latest, I guess it won't work with NAS, as the NAS user is not logged into Windows.
  • Options
    Why is the NAS user not logged into windows? I always thought the best way to setup a NAS service:
    > Create a nt account "NAS1".
    > Login as NAS1 and setup the correct printer, regional settings, etc. This way the windows profile is correct.
    > After this change the "logon as" to NAS1 with the NAS service.

I think it will work :o Just my 2 cents