Options

Exchange Rate Register shows one adjustment entry for Bank

jyoti_moolyajyoti_moolya Member Posts: 3
edited 2012-09-26 in Navision Financials
Hi Experts,

S/w version : NAV 6.0 R2
Issue: Exchange Rate adjustment Register shows only one Bank account with the adjustment entry although there are multiple currencies in the company. (SGD, JPY) LCY= USD, Reporting Currency is SGD.

Testing done:

All the bank's were tagged to one posting group," B1" tagged to one Cash Bank account- I tried changing the currencies to a different bank code and Bank account and also tried entering a new payment entry with exchange rate different from that of the currency table.
It still showed one entry on the Register ](*,)

I tried changing the additional reporting currency to blank,and then reposted fresh payment entries with exchange rate difference and executed the batch job. Only the vendor account showed the change in the rates, and the bank accounts also reflected the difference.
But the register could not update.

Requesting your help on the above.
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi,

The Adjust Exchange Rates batch only adjusts the balance of a bank account held in a currency, and only if it is posted ( and set up) in this currency. What I understood is that you have one bank account posted with multiple currencies. This won't get adjusted due to the adjustment logic of Adjust Exchange Rates batch, and due to the missing amount in currency in the bank entries in this case. A workaround would be to set up one bank account per currency, those can get adjusted. If you need it to be on one account you would have to do some customization, or use an Add-On like Smart IT OpenItems.

with best regards

Jens Glathe
  • Options
    jyoti_moolyajyoti_moolya Member Posts: 3
    Hi Jens,
    I hope you do understand that the adjustment entry has been posted and can be seen on individual bank accounts.
    Its only that the entries do not appear in the Register.

Regards,
    Jyoti
  • Options
    jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi Jyoti,

you're right, you should see one register line by currency, even if all bank accounts use the same bank account posting group. I've taken a look in the AU/NZ version of this report, and this behaviour seems to be a standard bug. This results in showing only one register line. We have fixed this in our AddOn (Smart IT TransactionCurrency or OpenItems). The fix itself is a change in the report structure:

- remove the BankAccountGroupTotal DataItem completely
    - on the end of the Bank Account - OnAfterGetRecord() trigger add following code:
    //OS004s os.jgl
    //collect all amounts belonging to this posting group
    AdjExchRateBufferUpdate(
      "Currency Code","Bank Account"."Bank Acc. Posting Group",
      AdjBase,AdjBaseLCY,AdjAmount,0,0,0,PostingDate,'');
    //OS004e os.jgl

-on the end of the Bank Account - OnPostDataItem() trigger, but before TempEntryNoAmountBuf.DELETEALL, add following code (only within the comments):
      UNTIL TempEntryNoAmountBuf.NEXT = 0;

//OS004s os.jgl
    AdjExchRateBuffer.RESET;
    IF AdjExchRateBuffer.FIND('-') THEN BEGIN
      REPEAT
        InsertExchRateAdjmtReg(3,AdjExchRateBuffer."Posting Group",AdjExchRateBuffer."Currency Code");
      UNTIL AdjExchRateBuffer.NEXT=0;
    END;
    AdjExchRateBuffer.DELETEALL;
    //OS004e os.jgl
    TempEntryNoAmountBuf.DELETEALL;

This should solve it. Please try it in a copy of the database first.

with best regards

Jens