Options

Is there an easy way to always know the latest R2 build no?

boywonderboywonder Member Posts: 179
edited 2012-06-21 in NAV Three Tier
As the title says I've searched partnersource and I basically just want to always know the latest build number.

Then at any time I will want to download it and I can update my existing client database objects with just the newer ones, including any modifications.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    edited 2012-06-20
    Take a look here instead http://dynamicsuser.net/blogs/waldo/arc ... v2013.aspx. Waldo has done a great work :D
    Thanks, I had already come across Waldo's page and it's very useful. Perhaps I didn't ask my question right....

I know the latest build number is 33210 from his information/page but the current databases we have are build 32012. When I download NAV 2009 R2 from partnersource I get build '32012' not 33210.

Surely I don't have to check/load ALL the hotfixes individually to get from 32012 to 33210 :shock: :shock: :shock:

I thought there would be a NAV Demo Database out there with a newer build so that I could extract the new objects and import to my databases?
  • Options
    Yes that would be nice if we knew that when downloading the latest release it would also contain the latest build, but that's not the case unfortunately. You have to add the latest build to the release you don't have to add them all one by one, the latest contains all other platform updates.
    boywonder wrote:
    Thanks, I had already come across Waldo's page and it's very useful. Perhaps I didn't ask my question right....

I know the latest build number is 33210 from his information/page but the current databases we have are build 32012. When I download NAV 2009 R2 from partnersource I get build '32012' not 33210.

Surely I don't have to check/load ALL the hotfixes individually to get from 32012 to 33210 :shock: :shock: :shock:

I thought there would be a NAV Demo Database out there with a newer build so that I could extract the new objects and import to my databases?

Welcome to our world. :mrgreen:

The fun part is when you manage to miss one hot fix in the sequence. I am sure every one of us has at some stage had an STX incompatibility because of a mixed up sequence of hot fixes.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    cernst wrote:
    You have to add the latest build to the release you don't have to add them all one by one, the latest contains all other platform updates.

Can you explain that? Are you confusing Cumulative Updates with Hotfixes?
    David Singleton
  • Options
    We're talking about platformupdates here not object updates? As far as I know they are cumulative when it comes to 2009R2 I think it was different in earlier versions. Am I missing something :-k
    If you look at Overview section of MS site
    Overview

This page lists platform hotfixes that have been released for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 and Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2.

A platform hotfix is a single, cumulative package that includes one or more files that are used to address a problem in a product and are cumulative at the binary and file level.

A hotfix corrects the problem that is described in the Knowledge Base article and should only be applied to systems that are experiencing the specific problem.
  • Options
    boywonderboywonder Member Posts: 179
    So the platform update is cumulative and I only need the latest one which I believe is 33494..? Although Waldo only goes so far as 33210 in his list.

I will also need any objects (fob) changed from the original R2 release (32012), which judging by David's comment are not cumulative. Where can I obtain these?