Options

total of every group display in last of page

ahmedbaahmedba Member Posts: 424
edited 2012-06-21 in NAV Three Tier
Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4
hi guys i make report as title daily receipt report this report consist of two tables
G/L Account
G/L Entry
this report as following
posted date g/l account no document no amount
12/03/2012 12 15 150
12/03/2012 12 16 200
12/03/2012 12 17 200
12/03/2012 13 18 300
12/03/2012 13 19 400
i make this report but what i need is to display total for every group in footer section or last of report but not after every group as following
:
12/03/2012 12 15 150
12/03/2012 12 16 200
12/03/2012 12 17 200
12/03/2012 13 18 300
12/03/2012 13 19 400
12 550
13 700
how i make this as above i make this before by group footer but it display after every group but not suitable solution for me.
please help me
thanks

Comments

• Options
    Troubles_In_ParadiseTroubles_In_Paradise Member Posts: 588
    ahmedba wrote:
    Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4
    hi guys i make report as title daily receipt report this report consist of two tables
    G/L Account
    G/L Entry
    this report as following
    posted date g/l account no document no amount
    12/03/2012 12 15 150
    12/03/2012 12 16 200
    12/03/2012 12 17 200
    12/03/2012 13 18 300
    12/03/2012 13 19 400
    i make this report but what i need is to display total for every group in footer section or last of report but not after every group as following
    :
    12/03/2012 12 15 150
    12/03/2012 12 16 200
    12/03/2012 12 17 200
    12/03/2012 13 18 300
    12/03/2012 13 19 400
    12 550
    13 700
    how i make this as above i make this before by group footer but it display after every group but not suitable solution for me.
    please help me
    thanks
    Have you already tried to use a temporary table to make totals during the loop of documents and an Integer DataItem to show the summary?
    ~Rik~
    It works as expected... More or Less...
  • Options
    no i don't tried please if you add virtual table tell me how and what i write of code to solve this please tell me
    thanks
  • Options
    ahmedba wrote:
    no i don't tried please if you add virtual table tell me how and what i write of code to solve this please tell me
    thanks
    You can't ask people to write code for you, we're not your personal helpdesk.
    Anyway during the loop of documents you save in a temporary table the values you want to print at the end of the report.
    After the loop of documents you use an Integer DataItem to loop through the temporary table you've just created.
    ~Rik~
  • Options
    I try to solve this by add another data item G/l entry and take group footer from second data item as below
    g/l account
    g/l entry
    g/l entry
    the first g/l entry to detail section and has indentation to g/l entry
    the second g/l entry to take group footer from it and then display total to every group
    then i put g/l account no and amount filed but no grouping display after detail section all records display but grouping not display why can any one help me
    thanks
  • Options
    during the loop of documents you save in a temporary table the values you want to print at the end of the report.
    After the loop of documents you use an Integer DataItem to loop through the temporary table you've just created.
    ~Rik~
  • Options
    Please I test this way i put g/l accountno from g/l entry table and amount in integer data item but it repeated more time it take last grouping then repeated more time may be 1000 time why one group repeated more time my report design as below
    g/l account
    g/l entry
    integer
    how i solve this problem can i send fob file to solve this problem to me if you solved
  • Options
    sharadsharad Member Posts: 112
    Hi,

You should use Integer dataitem and a temporary table. Insert totals and other details in temp table after every group executed. then print temporary data in integer body section from 0 to temp.count.

Good Luck
    Sharad Gupta
    Navision Technical Consultant & .Net Developer
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Man you are STILL working on the same report... Forget about using temporary tables and integer dataitems. Think about the data first.

You need a report with G/L Entry details per G/L Account. You don't give us any details on how you've indented the dataitems, so I am assuming that you have a "G/L Account" dataitem and then an indented "G/L Entry" dataitem, and I assume that you have that linked by the "No." field of the "G/L Account" table.

Think through how this report loops through the data. First it reads the first G/L Account, then it filters the G/L Entry on the G/L Account number. It does this for each G/L Account. There is just no way that you can have a group footer on the G/L Account number in the G/L Entry dataitem that groups per G/L Account, because it only looks at the one G/L Account. It doesn't make sense to have more than one G/L Entry dataitem, because it only shows them for ONE G/L Account at a time.

If you want to see G/L Account with G/L Entry in the first part of the report, and then G/L Account again but with totals, then you will need to have two G/L Account dataitems. For the first one, you have a G/L Entry dataitem indented to show G/L Entry detail. For the second one, you don't need the G/L Entry detail, so you don't need a G/L Entry dataitem there.

Put some thought into the data flow of your report, and forget about all the programming that people are suggesting. The trick to being an effective developer is to try and figure out ways to do things with as little code as possible.

Asking for people to fix your fob is NOT going to make you an effective developer.
  • Options
    I m sorry Denser to ask you again forgive me what i made until now as

below:
    G/L account
    G/L Entry(indentation on space)
    G/L account(no indentation)
    I have some question:
    1-what is the link between third data item( G/L account) and first
    2- if you want to make total you must make joining between g/L account

and G/L Entry how because it give me 0.
    3- how i make grouping in third data item G/L account
    how you make also this join.
    until first part i make this OK no problem but problem in second part

meaning third data item i don't know how i join with our data items.
    also my report shape is :
    G/L account(Header2)
    titles
    G/L account(Body)
    No Name
    G/L Entry(Body)
    Posting Date Document No G/L account Name Description Amount
    <G/L account2>(Group footer)
    "No." "G/L Entry".Amount
    please help me
  • Options
    ahmedba wrote:
    1-what is the link between third data item( G/L account) and first
    There is no link to the first one, but you will need to copy the filters from the first G/L Account dataitem to the second one
    ahmedba wrote:
    2- if you want to make total you must make joining between g/L account
    You group a report by sorting it on the field you want to group on, and telling the report to total on it. You said you have studied the DEV material, so you should know how to do this. If you don't, then go back to the dev training material, and do the reporting exercises. I can't explain something like that here.
    ahmedba wrote:
    3- how i make grouping in third data item G/L account how you make also this join.
    You don't need a join, just copy the filters, and figure out how to group in the Dev material
    ahmedba wrote:
    also my report shape is :
    G/L account(Header2)
    titles
    G/L account(Body)
    No Name
    G/L Entry(Body)
    Posting Date Document No G/L account Name Description Amount
    <G/L account2>(Group footer)
    "No." "G/L Entry".Amount
    If you set up your third dataitem for grouping, then the totals will be taken care of automatically, and this is all you need to do.
  • Options
    This problem still there i try every thing in report and i see Dev material but no result the problem now
    the total amounts values to all No field of g/l account is 0 .
    and all values of No field found in table display that have values or not.
    what i made until now i add third data item G/l account with name <G/L Account2> this data item properties are
    DataItemTableView: SORTING(No.)
    GroupTotalFields:No.
    remaining properties undefined.
    and this data item(third data item)g/l account are same with first G/L account
    third data item don't have any indentation
    third data item have two fields :
    No G/l entry.Amount
    these two fields putting inside group footer to third data item
    the report don't have body to third data item(G/l ACCOUNT) only group footer
    first data item grouping by no and then copy the no after grouping then put inside third data item.
    second data item G/l ENTRY have these properties
    DataItemTableView:SORTING(G/L Account No.,Posting Date)
    DataItemLinkReference:<G/L Account>
    DataItemLink:G/L Account No.=FIELD(No.)
    TotalFields:Amount
    GroupTotalFields:G/L Account No.
    I'm sorry to ask you again but i make every thing you tell me.
  • Options
    You have to start thinking for yourself too you know, don't just blindly follow instructions that you don't understand. Think about the data. The third dataitem is "G/L Account". You want to group by G/L Account number. The primary key for the G/L Account table is the "No." field, which is the account number. It's the primary key, so does it make sense to group on that field? Maybe you can think of another way to make it work. Maybe you can calculate the balance of the account and display that in a body section, instead of a groupfooter.
  • Options
    can any one told me how i make this by temp table i make design as following :
    g/laccount name
    g/lentry(one indentation from g/laccount)
    integer(one indentation from g/laccount)
    integer(two indentation from g/laccount) g/lentryloop table
    integer(no indentation)
    are this design is true and also what condition i write in temp table after get record
  • Options
  • Options
    can any one help me by credit
  • Options
    PrajeeshnairPrajeeshnair Member Posts: 9
    Hi ahmedba,

Can you send me the objects you where trying and an excel Format of the report Design(How you want it?)
    I will try myself and let you know the same.
  • Options
    Thank you Mr Prajeeshnair i upload excel file and fob of report that have problem
    in this link
    http://www.mediafire.com/?fahetmm44gd65o1 only press download in this link you will found all files of report thanks
  • Options
    please can you clear to me how i make this report by temp table and integer data item
    i make this report as following:
    G/account
    g/entry(one indentation)
    Integer(one indentation)
    Integer(two indentation)
    Integer(no indentation)

are this design true i made this design and test but lines repeated more time and no total display in last please help me