Options

nav 2009 - codeunit webservices with automation variables

tayftayf Member Posts: 6
edited 2012-06-02 in NAV Three Tier
Hi! i generate a webservice (in RTC) from a codeunit made by me that prints a invoice (from sales invoice header table) through PDFCreator.

I use some automation variables like "PDFCreator.clsPDFCreator" and "PDFCreator.clsPDFCreatorOptions" to cileonfigure some parameters and to specify the output path, filename and terminate execution program when all it´s done.

Everything runs fine if i run the codeunit in classic client but through the webservice it gives me a error :
This message is for C/AL programmers: Unable to create an instance of Automation Server PDFCreator.clsPDFCreatorOptions with CLSID = fcc886f6-e0df-4302-8be4-f8a8d9cb881c Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {FCC886F6-E0DF-4302-8BE4-F8A8D9CB881C} failed due to the following error: 80070005..

the webservice is consume by a asp.net application.

Can anyone help me with this? thank you :D

Comments

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Why are using pdf creator with nav webservice. You should you the new function
    Report.saveaspdf
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    tayftayf Member Posts: 6
    I didn´t know about that new function! now it´s working properly! thank you ara3n
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    You are welcome.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    aavioaavio Member Posts: 143
    Hi all,
    I do face the same issue, same error.

This message is for C/AL programmers: Unable to create an instance of Automation Server PDFCreator.clsPDFCreatorOptions with CLSID =....

I know about the saveaspdf function but, i dont know rdlc report designing. So going for PDF creator.
    is there any restriction in calling automation variables through webservices.?

please help.
    Thank you,
    aav!o
  • Options
    aavioaavio Member Posts: 143
    please any help on this? :(

Thank You
    Avinash
    aav!o