Options

RTC shortcuts to date filter

Liselotte_SkaarupLiselotte_Skaarup Member Posts: 4
edited 2012-06-01 in NAV Three Tier
Hey!

In the Classic Client you can type shortcuts in date filter - ex. p1..p12 - I can't seem to make that work in RTC...do I have to type it in another way, og has MS removed that option?

Thanx.

Liselotte

Comments

• Options
    lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Maybe I do not have enough understanding of the specific situation you come across this, but I have no problems using the start date..end date filter value on dates on RTC.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • Options
    thegunzothegunzo Member Posts: 274
    In some cases the old functionality is missing, like when using Date Filter as a request field for reports.
    This functionality (and more) will be back in NAV 2013.

In the meantime it is possible to add the date filter to the options page as a text variable and place the code
    IF ApplicationMgt.MakeDateFilter(DateFilter) <> 0 THEN
      DateFilter := '';

in OnValidate where ApplicationMgt is Codeunit 1.
    http://www.dynamics.is
    http://Objects4NAV.com
  • Options
    Thanx for your reply's. I'm not sure that I have explained my problem correctly - I will try to be more specific:

In the classic client you can indicate ex. the month of january like this: p1..p1 (instead of 010112..310112) - the system will then now that it is the full month of january in the current year.

In RTC I can't do that?

Liselotte
  • Options
    SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    To explain it a bit further: it's about the accounting periods in table 50. You can define (in classic at least) P+number of period to put a date filter that matches that period.
    However this doesn't work in the RTC. And since modifications in CU1 are mostly disregared, this can't be reinstated in NAV2009. I do believe this will be in order for NAV 2013.
    It's not a disaster if your accounting periods match months or quarters. But for companies with a less used fiscal year, it is a hindrance.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • Options
    Thanks for your answer - it was well explained :D

Liselotte
  • Options
    henrikmhenrikm Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 66
    In 2013 it will be possible to use p1 and p2 again. Though you will need to use | (OR) thus it becomes p1|p2 as both p1 and p2 are in itself date intervals.
    “This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.”

Henrik Metzger, Software Development Engineer, Dynamics NAV
    MSFT