Options

Special Order

Carlos_PtCarlos_Pt Member Posts: 21
edited 2012-04-27 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all, i have a requirement from a customer. When it creates a Purchase Order from a Special Sales Order and inserts the tracking information, on posting he wants to pass the tracking info back again to the Special Order. What's the best way to achieve this?

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    ChinmoyChinmoy Member Posts: 359
    Can you give us some more details about your problem?
  • Options
    Carlos_PtCarlos_Pt Member Posts: 21
    Hi, thanks for the reply.

The process is:
    -Create Sales Order
    -Make it Special Order
    -Create Purch. Order
    -Get Special Order
    -Insert Serial Tracking information
    -Post Purch. Order

When posting the Purch. Order i want to go back to the Sales Order and insert the same tracking information that was on the Purch. Order.

Thanks
  • Options
    This needs to be customized. What you can do is after posting the PO, you can create the records in the Reservation Entry Table. To understand what needs to be filled into the fields of the Reservation Entry table, I suggest that you select the Serial Nos. manually after posting a PO and then check the Reservation Entry table.

Note: After posting the PO the tracking records will only be found in the Item Ledger Entry table.

Hope this helps.

Chn
  • Options
    "What you can do is after posting the PO, you can create the records in the Reservation Entry Table." - by this I meant create records through some code.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    You can't just say things need a customization if you don't know how to do something in the application.

The PO for a special order is created specifically for a certain sales order, so I would expect at least a reservation between the two orders. I'm pretty sure that for special orders the tracking information is supposed to flow from the PO to the Sales order, it's just a matter of learning how to do it. I would not think that this would need a customization. If the forum doesn't give you a specific answer within a day or two, you should get some help from your partner about this.