Options

Adjust Cost - Item Entries SQL Decimal Overflow error

VeronicaVeronica Member Posts: 2
Hi,

My client is running Navision 3.70 on an SQL database.

When we run the Adjust Cost - Item Entries periodic activity we get an SQL decimal overflow error.

I have used debug and determined that it occurs when creating the G/L Entry in Codeunit 12 Gen. Jnl.-Post Line\FinishCodeunit() and is because the Amount is too big. I suspect that there is a problem with the data.

Has anyone else experienced any issues with this, or does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could continue my investigation?

I have searched the Forum and found a paper which suggests that it could be related to the Valuation Date, but specifically for Transfers. I have checked this with our data, and this does not seem to be the case here...

Thanks,
Veronica
Veronica

Comments

• Options
    csimoneauxcsimoneaux Member Posts: 168
    What is rounding set at? I do not believe you could have exceeded the Amount, not unless one number is over 9 trillion.
    Overflow error usually occurs then Data from one field size is larger than field it is trying to populate.
    Run Debugger again and watch what line of data it is erroring out on. Remember to turn off Breakpoint on Triggers.