Options

How to disable/restrict "Customize Navigation Pane" option

MallikarjunaMallikarjuna Member Posts: 64
edited 2012-04-13 in NAV Three Tier
Dear All,

I have created RoleCenter pages and removed Deartments menu from RTC Navigation Pane. However when I click the "Restore Defaults" button from the "Customize Navigation Pane" window, Departments menu is showing again.

How to restrict/disable "Customize Navigation Pane" or "Restore Defaults" option?

To acheive the above i have tried with permission setup (Tables: User Personalization, User Metadata, Page Data Personalization), Google and Mibuso without any luck.

Thanks in Advance,
Mallikarjuna Kilari

Answers

• Options
    SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    If you want a fixed client where users can't do anything else than input data instead of managing their own workspace and modifying it "to achieve a better productiveness" , then use a webservice and a seperate client instead of trying (and failing) to cripple the RTC.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • Options
    Hi Sog,

Thanks for the reply/suggetion.

Here our intention is not to restrict the user "to achieve a better productiveness", however to restrict to see everthing, if he/she see everything (Departments) it is difficult to browse to the required screen.

So Iam giving all the required/mandatory screens in Home Menu, so that client will work fast.

But as per your post, seems it is not possible to restrict the "Restore Defaults", Isn't it?

Thanks,
    Mallikarjuna Kilari
  • Options
    ichladilichladil Member Posts: 68
    I would use the following (unless too strict for your purposes):
    1) End client would be started with: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\RoleTailored Client\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe" /disablepersonalization which disables all of the user personalizations. It doesn't disable restore defaults options - however if end users have no personalizations then this shouldn't be any issue.
    2) To remove the departments and similar stuff - do it via Profile configuration using "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\RoleTailored Client\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe" /configure.

Regards,
    Igor
  • Options
    ichladilichladil Member Posts: 68
    I would use the following (unless too strict for your purposes):
    1) End client would be started with: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\RoleTailored Client\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe" /disablepersonalization which disables all of the user personalizations. It doesn't disable restore defaults options - however if end users have no personalizations then this shouldn't be any issue.
    2) To remove the departments and similar stuff - do it via Profile configuration using "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\RoleTailored Client\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe" /configure.

Regards,
    Igor
  • Options
    Dear Igor,

Thank you very much.

Issue resolved, removed the Departments Menu by opening the RTC with configuration mode.

Thanks again,
    Mallikarjuna Kilari