Add field from another Table.

rranjanerprranjanerp Member Posts: 70
edited 2012-04-13 in Navision Attain
I have to display a field named inventory in the Indent Line. The main table used is indent line but the Inventory value is present in another table named : ITEM. How can i use that Inventory value from Item table in the Indent Line.? plz suggest ? same problem with main table indent line & the value of field which i have to use heere is available in the other table named : Value entry. field name : Cost per unit. how to display cost per unit in indent line..i guesed i m lacking in checking the primary keys , but which one to make primary ? & how to select it from C/al symbol menu..plz .describe..

Thanks

Rajeev

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    rranjanerp wrote:
    I have to display a field named inventory in the Indent Line. The main table used is indent line but the Inventory value is present in another table named : ITEM. How can i use that Inventory value from Item table in the Indent Line.? plz suggest ? same problem with main table indent line & the value of field which i have to use heere is available in the other table named : Value entry. field name : Cost per unit. how to display cost per unit in indent line..i guesed i m lacking in checking the primary keys , but which one to make primary ? & how to select it from C/al symbol menu..plz .describe..

Thanks

Rajeev

Try something like
    IF Item.get("item No.") then begin
      item.calcfields(inventory);
    end else
      clear(item);

Message('Inventory value is %1',item.inventory);

David Singleton
  • ResenderResender Member Posts: 119
    using a calcfield seems logical in this situation
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479