Options

Merge 3.70A - 4.0

johndarjohndar Member Posts: 3
While trying to merge the customized database Navision 3.70A with the new version Navision 4.0 I faced the following problem:

After the merge process (in Developer’s Toolkit 2.0) of the different version databases to one, (original 3.70A, Customized 3.70A, New Navision 4.0, Final Merged), I exported a txt file with the objects of the merged database which should be imported to the database which I want to update. While importing this file an error message appeared, saying that some objects can not be created because their ID range is not within the permitted range of my license (50000-99999).

I have tried to import the file both in customized 3.70A and in a clear version 4.0 and still could not overcome the above problem.

For example the following message appears:

"Your Program license does not permit you to create the "Notify About Team to-do Chgns." field in the "Salesperson/Purchaser" table.
Contact the System manager if you need to have your program license update."

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Try first import FOB file with the problematic tables from customized 3.70A into Navision 4.00 and "DO NOT USE REPLACE ALL" - let it be "Merge" on them - it will create the new field from 3.70 and will not delete the new field from 4.00... may be that after that you will be able to import your text files. BUT. If you used NDT for creating the TXT file (for merging) you will face much bigger problems. Search this forum for NDT and you will see, that there are many other problems...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    johndarjohndar Member Posts: 3
    Thank you very much for your help!
    Is there any other tool for merging two different versions?
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    not directly for Navision. There are many merge tools for text files. If you read the posts about NDT, you could see that there are used Araxis Merge or Beyond Compare... I personally use the first one.

If you use this text merge applications, you must do all merging manually, but the result is something you know and you know what you did. But you must know, what you want to do... :-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.