Options

Why do Pages link to Form objects

zeonzeon Member Posts: 130
edited 2012-03-29 in NAV Three Tier
Hmm,

Fairly new to development for the RTC client, but I have a question why Pages links to Forms in stead of Pages.

E.g on Form 42, the field "Currency Code". OnAssistEdit there is a variable ChangeExchangeRate, that's defined as Form 511.

On the equivalent Page 42, on the same field, and OnAssistEdit, I expected to see the variable ChangeExchangeRate defined as Page 511, but still it is defined as Form 511.

Why is that?

Then, if I have to make a call from Page 42, field "Currency Code" from the AssistEdit trigger to a new function on Page 511 "Change Exchange Rate", I will then have to make the function on Form 511 #-o ?

Comments

• Options
    SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    It's because forms and pages use the same ID because they are counterparts and mutually exclusive.
    however, if you add a function to page you don't have to add that to the form.
    A page can never call form objects. That is also why when you call a form without checking the isservicetier option, it will open the correct page/form depending on the client.

Only if you are in a mixed environment (users use both clients) then you need to add that to the form function on the form.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|