Options

Accessing RecordLinks or Item Picture from WebServices

slimerslimer Member Posts: 6
edited 2012-03-27 in NAV Three Tier
Hi!

How can I access via webservices to the Picture of an Item?. When I'm trying to publish a Page with the Picture field I get a "El documento XML debe tener un elemento de nivel superior" (free translation: "The XML document needs a upper level element"). The webservice works fine when I remove this field on the Page.

If it's not possible. Can I access to the Item's RecordLinks via webservices?. I'm trying to access it via the Item Page (it has a SystemPart Part with a RecordLinks) but it doesn't works.

Thanks in advance for your answers,
slimer

P.S.: Excuse my very poor english (thanks google)

Answers

• Options
    iceborgiceborg Member Posts: 67
    Based on experience I can tell you that Record Link table is a bit "special", I belive you can't "Run a Page" you built against it in RTC, however you can "consume the page" via webservices, this seems to be because the RTC assumes that this table is only dispayed in a System Part.

Anyway you can read the data in the Record Links Table with webservices. #-o, Just do a New Page against the Record Link Table,Query based on the Record ID formatting and you can crap the Links in there. Just keep in mind that this table is also used for the Notes in RTC.
  • Options
    iceborg wrote:
    Based on experience I can tell you that Record Link table is a bit "special", I belive you can't "Run a Page" you built against it in RTC, however you can "consume the page" via webservices, this seems to be because the RTC assumes that this table is only dispayed in a System Part.

Anyway you can read the data in the Record Links Table with webservices. #-o, Just do a New Page against the Record Link Table,Query based on the Record ID formatting and you can crap the Links in there. Just keep in mind that this table is also used for the Notes in RTC.

Thanks for the answer iceborg. I tried to create a Page based on the Record Link table :oops: , but I was the same problem as in Item's Picture. VS 2008 showns the same error "El documento XML debe tener un elemento de nivel superior" (Google translator says "The XML document must have top level element"). I create the Page (List) as this:

Name Caption Type SubType SourceExpr
    c <c> Container ContentArea
    r <r> Group Repeater
    Num <Id. vínculo> Field "Link ID"
    ID <Id. del registro> Field "Record ID"
    URL <URL1> Field URL1
    Tipo <Tipo> Field Type

Any idea?

Thanks again,
    slimer
  • Options
    freddy.dkfreddy.dk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 360
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk/archive/2008/11/04/transferring-data-to-from-com-automation-objects-and-webservices.aspx

Should tell you how to do this.
    Note the example is for NAV 2009 (not SP1) - you will have to change the company name accordingly.
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Group Program Manager, Client
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
  • Options
    freddy.dk wrote:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk/archive/2008/11/04/transferring-data-to-from-com-automation-objects-and-webservices.aspx

Should tell you how to do this.
    Note the example is for NAV 2009 (not SP1) - you will have to change the company name accordingly.

Great! Thanks a lot! Works fine! :thumbsup: I go to investigate how to do the same with Recods Links (I think it will works better for my plans). Is it the same way?

Thanks again,
    slimer
  • Options
    attardcattardc Member Posts: 97
    Can you help me create the base64 COM object please?