Navision Troubleshooting

AKUITYAKUITY Member Posts: 4
edited 2012-03-21 in Navision Attain
Good afternoon everyone!

I was wondering if there is anyone here that can help me out. Our company has recently gained a client who still uses a combination of Nav 5 and Navision Attain 3.60. No one here has any experience with this program. I was wondering if anyone could share any sites, areas, guides where I could troubleshoot Navision problems! I would greatly, greatly appreciate it.

They suddenly generated this problem that anytime they try to add a comment to a worksheet in one of their forms they get an error along the lines of, "The Quote Details Already Exists". I can upload a picture of what is going on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not even sure where to begin trying to troubleshooting how to fix this.

Thanks!
- Justin

Comments

• AKUITYAKUITY Member Posts: 4
    It might be worth noting that I have attempted to use some built-in testing? I tested the integrity of the database (under "regular" setting). Everything came back okay. They were getting close to the maximum allotted space for the database so I expanded it 25%. I'm not sure how I would "clear" any filters on a table/form/section.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Click "Show All" Or Shift+Ctrl+f7 clear filters

Alt-F1 to show F-Key functions

Some guides:
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... n&id=24432

your pic is clearly a custom form. You'll have to turn on the debugger to see where it's having it's problem.
    Tools->Debugger->Active
    then try to insert your comment.
  • ResenderResender Member Posts: 119
    Had the same problem some weeks ago, it was indeed the filter.
    You filtered using F7 on a form and it works like you can use F7 on a table.
    But the diffrence and here lies the catch is that filter isn't autocleared.

So you go to an item on the form using F7 and then you try to make a change, that filter is still on and thus preventing change.
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    AKUITY wrote:
    Our company has recently gained a client who still uses a combination of Nav 5 and Navision Attain 3.60. No one here has any experience with this program. I was wondering if anyone could share any sites, areas, guides where I could troubleshoot Navision problems!
    Why don't you then hire someone who HAS experience with NAV and can solve such problems in no time? There are many freelance NAV experts out there who would gladly help - in return for some money...
  • AKUITYAKUITY Member Posts: 4
    Well, that is the path that we are more than likely going to go. I wanted to try it myself at the very least if it was something relatively easy (or someone had experience they didn't mind passing on).
  • ResenderResender Member Posts: 119
    NAV is hard and confusing believe me, I rather want to return to SQL-server managment
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    AKUITY wrote:
    Well, that is the path that we are more than likely going to go. I wanted to try it myself at the very least if it was something relatively easy (or someone had experience they didn't mind passing on).

The problem is that this is custom code, so the only way to figure it out is to get in the code or with the debugger and check it out.
    David Singleton