Options

Import Model to AX2012

patelashlesh83patelashlesh83 Member Posts: 54
edited 2012-02-29 in Dynamics AX
Hi,

I have two different AOS for AX2012 at my end.
i.e. AOS1 and AOS2.

I have developed a job "TestJob" on AOS1 and the same job "TestJob" on AOS2. But "TestJob" contains the different implements on both the AOS.

Now i have exported the Model using Powershell cmdlet utility from AOS1 and trying to install the model on AOS2 using the INSTALL command.

After successful importing the layer it prompts me to do below things.
1. restart AOS service
2. run scripts (which are they i dont know. please suggest)
3. compile and synchronize the application

So, my question is, it is compulsory to execute above 3 steps on everytime i importing a model ? (If yes then it is very time cumbersome process if i have only a single line change in a single file)

please suggest me the proper way to import the model into a model store.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
/Ashlesh

Comments

• Options
    patelashlesh83patelashlesh83 Member Posts: 54
    Hi,

I found some info from some other resources.

Option 1 xpo:

XPO is an export and import from the AOT. This does not take the ids with it. It is generated on import. You generally (I used this word loosly) can get away with compiling the object you imported etc.

This is not a proper release procedure. It is a quick fix for a particular problem and generally done between dev and test environments. Not recommended for production.

Option 2 model:

This is an export and import using the commands. This moves the specific model. This can be used to release into production. Full compile, sycn, CIL compile is required - this can take time. Ids are generated when model is imported. If the object already exists, id is not regenerated.

Option 3 model store:

Model store export and import using the commands. This moves the whole application over. Since you are moving everything, no compile is required.You have to be careful as this takes the ids from the exported environment. You could have data loss.

Hope it helps to other.

Thanks,
    /Ashlesh