Options

Productiom Bom Card

rico1931rico1931 Member Posts: 295
edited 2012-02-14 in NAV Three Tier
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if someone can help me figure out this filter. I have the Production Bom form 99000786. What I would like to do is populate the prod line sub form table with the most current active version. If you take a look at the image below you can see that the version has been certified and is the current active version.

If anyone has any suggestion i would greatly appreciate it

thanks.
-rico1931

Comments

• Options
    VjekoVjeko Member Posts: 55
    No simple way to do this. The problem is that Active Version is not a physical field in the Production BOM Header table, but it is calculated through VersionManagement codeunit.

Therefore, without doing some coding, you can't achieve what you need.

This might be a way to customize this:
    - Add a physical field to Production BOM Header.
    - On some logical place (e.g. certification of a version, or BOM, or both) call VersionManagement and update the field you added above.
    - Create a filter on Production BOM card page/form to show only those lines that belong to the version which is currently active.
    (Co-)author of "Implementing Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009"
    http://vjeko.com/
  • Options
    rico1931rico1931 Member Posts: 295
    Vjeko wrote:
    No simple way to do this. The problem is that Active Version is not a physical field in the Production BOM Header table, but it is calculated through VersionManagement codeunit.

Therefore, without doing some coding, you can't achieve what you need.

This might be a way to customize this:
    - Add a physical field to Production BOM Header.
    - On some logical place (e.g. certification of a version, or BOM, or both) call VersionManagement and update the field you added above.
    - Create a filter on Production BOM card page/form to show only those lines that belong to the version which is currently active.

Thanks Vjeko i'll give it a shot and let you know what I come up with.
    -rico1931