Options

Qty to Ship in Sales Order Screen, Auto Fill on second post

Ben_DysonBen_Dyson Member Posts: 18
edited 2012-02-03 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All (In RTC, V6)

As an example I have been into the sales order screen and ordered 3 items, ItemA , ItemB and ItemC.

Item ID,Required Qty,Stock,Qty to Ship
ItemA , 5 , 5 , 5
ItemB , 6 , 4 , 4
ItemC , 7 , 0 , 0

From this example you can see that some items can be picked immediatly and others will require a purchase order. We send the stock of available goods right away.

I have 2 issues here. Although the answer two one may make the answer to the other unrequired.

Once the Backorder has been recieved we go back into the sales order to create a new pick note, the Qty to Ship field is blank on all lines despite the fact that stock is now available, meaning we have to manually adjust each line. This is ok on when 2 lines need adjusting but in real life we have a hell of a lot more to update. Does anyone know of a way to make this field Autofill in with the new stock on reloading the S/O?

However we were also wondering if at the point of recieving the stock into the system that we could have the stock Auto Allocate to a new picknote, or perhaps assign it to an Sales Order from Good receiving. Thus negating the requirement to go back into the sales order to allocate the stock to a picknote.

Regards

Ben Dyson

Comments

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Welcome to Mibuso..

You can create a function in sales Order (Ex: Update Stock) to update the stock each time...user can click that and check the quantity
  • Options
    Hi Mohana

Thanks for the swift response. I can see how that would work by adding the new function into App management in classic. But we were hoping there might be a "Out of the box" solution and avoid developing a a new function. It seems odd that we can't get these fields to update automatically. Someone created a routine to check the stock and fill them in, in the first instance. So why not apply the same routine when the refresh button is pressed for example.

Anyone else have an idea about auto allocate the stock when the good are received.

Regards

Ben
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    How would you like to auto allocate the stock if the new stock received still isn't enough to fill all orders?
    First come basis? By order date? customer priority?

Are you using Requisition worksheet to create the po?
    We created a function "as stated above" from the po called "Update Sales Lines" where from after the receipt of the po it goes thru any open sales lines to update.
    But that's for a specific purpose for our biz. I like the function idea on the sales order so you have more control.

unfortunately not everything can be automated 8)
  • Options
    Thanks to both of you for help on this guys. I've been looking further into this and looks like we're going to have to bite the bullet and Dev this up. Having the two methods there is rather helpful and will give me something to discuss in terms of the procedure we want to implement.

Cheers