Options

Change Windows Password from RTC client

alsolalsol Member Posts: 243
edited 2011-12-20 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

Maybe a stupid question, but is it possible to change the Windows password when using the RTC with a different AD login than the local domain login? The problem is, we have a new NAV server with its own domain and we set an initial password for each user. But there is no possibility to change the password in RTC directly. So we would need to predefine the logins for each user and they will never be able to change it.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Felix

Comments

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Maybe you can invoke a Powershell script to change the AD password? See http://blogs.technet.com/b/heyscripting ... shell.aspx for an example.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    MandomMandom Member Posts: 1
    I think you may use Windows Password Key, i solved that problem by using this.
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,089
    Changing Windows password, you do through Windows (CTRL+SHIFT+DEL=> Change password).

If you mean you are logged in as domain1/userX and want to use the RTC as domain2/userY, you must run the rtc-client using the RUNAS DOS-command.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    alsolalsol Member Posts: 243
    The regular change password function (wasn't it CTRL+ALT+DEL) does not work because the user works on the local domain and run the RTC over WAN with another domain.

How do you mean running the RTC client with RUNAS command? As far as I know the RUNAS command does not have an option to change the password. So that would not make any difference. Or is there a syntax I don't know?
  • Options
    DanjoDanjo Member Posts: 12
    Maybe you can invoke a Powershell script to change the AD password? See http://blogs.technet.com/b/heyscripting ... shell.aspx for an example.

This was also my first thought.
    Does anything speaks against this?

This should work ways better then runas.

Gesendet von meinem HTC Desire mit Tapatalk
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,089
    alsol wrote:
    How do you mean running the RTC client with RUNAS command? As far as I know the RUNAS command does not have an option to change the password. So that would not make any difference. Or is there a syntax I don't know?
    I gave this in case you just wanted to run the RTC client as another user.

If you need to change the password, use powershell as linked by Luc.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!