Options

Error:Metadata for specified system part:[page ID]is invalid

ILMEILME Member Posts: 23
edited 2011-12-13 in NAV Three Tier
Hello, I’ve made a Form that has the 2000000068 Record Link table as SourceTable and transformed it to a Page with the Transformation Tool of NAV 2009.

The problem is that when I try to run the page on the RTC I’m getting this error message:
“Metadata for specified system part: [page ID] is invalid”.

Does anybody know why this happens? When I made a copy of the 2000000068 Record Link table in a 50001 “Record Link 1” and linked the same Page to my copied 50001 table, the Page run properly!!

Does it have to do with the fact that table 2000000068 Record Link is a SYSTEM table and maybe direct links of pages to them are NOT allowed?

Thanx
* IF NOT done THEN REPEAT UNTIL done *

Answers

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    I never created any pages with 20000000XX Series but did you try by compiling all objects once after creating the page..
  • Options
    Yes, I compiled everything afterwards and run the page, but the same error appears.
    Maybe it has to do with this specific 2000000068 "Record Link" table and not ALL 20000000XX tables that are linked to a Page.
    By the way, has anybody linked a Page successfully to the 2000000068 table???
  • Options
    deV.chdeV.ch Member Posts: 543
    You can't use record link table in a page, i tried that too. i needed to display the record links in a page. what i did to solve it, i created a copy of the recordlink table and used this one (temporary) to display the data. Here's my copy method
    CopyRecLinkToTempTable(_RecLinkTempTable : Record "Record Link Temp RTC")
    _RecLinkTempTable.RESET;
    _RecLinkTempTable.DELETEALL;
    IF RecordLink.FINDFIRST THEN
      WITH RecordLink DO BEGIN
        REPEAT
          _RecLinkTempTable.INIT;
          _RecLinkTempTable.TRANSFERFIELDS(RecordLink);
          _RecLinkTempTable.INSERT;
        UNTIL NEXT = 0;
      END;

• Options
    Navsyst2Navsyst2 Member Posts: 29
    Hi DeV.ch,
    in which Trigger did you put the copy function?
    How about to release your Page Record Links in Download Section? :oops:
  • Options
    deV.chdeV.ch Member Posts: 543
    This code is executed OnOpenPage() of my Record Link Page. As this Page is for display use only, it's not editable.
    The Record Link Temp Table is an exact copy of the Record Link Table

I hope this is enough information for you.
  • Options
    Very good approach indeed DevCh.
    Another approach of course is to make an exact copy table of Record Link (eg. called RecLinkNew) in the database,
    and put code at the OnInsert(), OnModify() & OnDelete() triggers of the Table 2000000068 (Record Link)
    that will insert a copy record in the new table each time a Record link is made, or modify/delete the corresponding one in the new table.

This way you can have a page linked to your new table where you can edit and do whatever you want with your links, although you'll have duplicate records in your database.
    The built-in Record Link table structure is not really flexible, mainly because of the structure of the "Record ID" field.