Options

How to edit a codeunit without a license, there was a trick?

mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
edited 2011-11-17 in NAV Three Tier
Our customer uses a addon from a partner that went bankrupt. We found a problem related to a codeunit that needs to be fixed but we can't edit/open the object. Microsoft can't/won't help too....!

Im guessing there must be way to edit it and save it with a different Object ID?

Is there an option to debug this codeunit? I don't think this will work in NAV 6.

Years ago, Ive seen someone do a trick by using copy and paste, then save it with a different id. Does that still work?

Other ideas?

How can we delete the addon objects?
My guess:
- Cleanup the tables (in all companies)
- Backup the database
- Create a new database
- Restore objects but not those ID's from the addon
- Restore data only?

Comments

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    I heard people talk about the trick with the rename, but never tried/tested it. It might be blocked if it ever existed.

You cannot debug from the RTC but you can from Classic.

From RTC you can run CodeCoverage.

To cleanup, yes you need to make a new database with only the objects you want to keep and move the data.

Or find someone who used to work for the NSC who went bankrupt that can help you.
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    The cut and paste I think stopped working between 3.6 and 3.7, maybe you can put them back to a version like 3.10 and try.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    RepairObjectsRepairObjects Member Posts: 1
    You can send me a zipped fob file and I will return the objects in a txt.

I won't do it for nothing but at least you can continue using the addon. Please send me a PM with your request and I will respond shortly.

Helping partner.

Note:
    I only help in converting the objects and don’t care about the contents. What you do with the converted txt files is your responsibility.
  • Options
    I have send you a PM with my emailaddress..Would be great to see this resolved with a txt version of this addon. I will renumber them and transfer data to the new tables.
  • Options
    This was easier then I thought. I just received 1 big text file.