How to Disable Zoom (Ctrl+F8) from a form

GrantGrant Member Posts: 30
edited 2005-06-30 in NAV Tips & Tricks
I've seen a few posts where it says that it is impossible to disable the ZOOM feature, Ctrl+F8, from a form in Navision without disabling the ZOOM privileges for all forms. But - there is a way to do it, quite simple really.

Just add a new MenuButton to the form, and add a new option. Caption can be anything you want, for example "Disable ShortcutKey". Then define the ShortCutKey to Ctrl+F8, but do not define any lookup action. This will override the default Ctrl+F8 behaviour. What I did is to resize this new MenuButton small enough so I can hide it behind one of the other existing Buttons on the form (use Format->Send to Back to hide it).

\:D/

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    you should really have posted it to Tips & Tricks - Perhaps the ADMIN will move it. O:)
  • Timo_LässerTimo_Lässer Member Posts: 481
    It's a simple trick but very effective.
    Timo Lässer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer since 1997
    MSDynamics.de - German Microsoft Dynamics Community - member of [clip]
  • AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,495
    [Moved to Tips & Tricks forum by Administrator]
  • nelsonnelson Member Posts: 107
    Well, there's more than one way to skin a cat...
    Take a look at this alternative:
    http://www.mbsonline.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8381

Besides, your way doesn't stop a User from using the Tools menu and selecting Zoom.
    It just prevents the User from calling the Zoom window through its keyboard shortcut.
    Nelson Alberto
  • ShenpenShenpen Member Posts: 386
    I would rather disable the user role rights for it - don't exactly remember how, but possible.

Do It Yourself is they key. Standard code might work - your code surely works.
  • KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    Shenpen wrote:
    I would rather disable the user role rights for it - don't exactly remember how, but possible.

Object Type::System and Object ID 5330 in the permissions table controls this feature.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Torben_R.Torben_R. Member Posts: 99
    If you use standard Navision Security Roles the Zoom function is only availible for the Role SUPER, so what's the problem?
  • nelsonnelson Member Posts: 107
    We are talking about selectively disabling the Tools, Zoom functionality.
    Everyone knows it can be disabled globally through Permissions.

Almost no one knows it can also be done on a per-table basis.
    Read the thread in my link above to find how it can be achieved.
    Nelson Alberto