Options

Symbol in Code Field on SQL-Server option

spssps Member Posts: 2
edited 2011-10-27 in Navision Attain
While migrating a customers database to the SQL-Server option we came upon the following error, when restoring a navision backup into a Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision under SQL-server option :

"The Production BOM Header table contains a value in a Code field that cannot be used with Mictosoft Busniness Solutions-Navision:

Field: Horz Component Group
Value: GœRTEL"

I assume this has to do with the special character 'œ'. Is it impossible to use special characters in a Code-field when using SQL-server option?
The field is not part of a primary or secundary key. However the value of this field is inconsistent as far as the tablerelation is concerned.

We use codepage 1252.

Comments

• Options
    SbhatSbhat Member Posts: 301
    Hi,

I would assume 'oe' might be a reserved character in MBS and hence might not allow you to do any process.

Regards
    SB
  • Options
    RobertMoRobertMo Member Posts: 484
    You can use special chars in Navision (even in code fields).
    The problem can be that your "oe" looks like small char, that is not allowed in CODE field...
               ®obi           
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Options
    mrQQmrQQ Member Posts: 239
    so what would be the solution in this case, provided that we dont know what table this problem is in, and how many of these problems there are?
  • Options
    try to make a fbk (Navision backup) of database. If you have this kind of error, then it will stop at the first one and notify you about table, field and record... you fix it and repeat the procedure...
    yes it can take a lot of time.
               ®obi           
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Options
    First of all, it made fbk fine - it failed at restore to SQL server.

And second, we don't have time, we have a timespan of 48 hours in which we need to do a LOT, not only this step.. :( We need some kind of tool to fix these errors..
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    edited 2005-09-26
    The upgrade-toolkit contains a Migrate.fob which does some checking/fixing of incorrect values in order to migrate to database to SQL. You could try to run these routines on your database.

The use of Migrate.fob is described in w1w1upgr.pdf. You need to run the codeunits on your native Navision db, before you restore it in SQL.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    so it means the database you have just created on sql was not created with the same collation...
               ®obi           
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Options
    I have run the objects in migrate.fob, but they only fix length of CODE fields, they don't fix contents. The collation hasn't got anything to do with it, as I think the db is simply corrupted and has some invalid characters in some of fields..
  • Options
    maybe you have misslead us. you actually havn't specified which problem/error you were receiving. But we are replying with original topic error in mind.
    perhaps next time you should start with own new topic instead of using old one...
               ®obi           
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Options
    Yeah i'm sorry. The error is the same, only the character is different.
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    The problem is SQL Coalation. You need select a coolation that has those characters. The reason is sorting on SQL and it's doesn't know how to sort. Select the coalation for that country and you can restore.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    the char is not alphanum, it's '*' i think
  • Options
    TirtaTirta Member Posts: 53
    Hi,
    did anyone find the way to solve that Problem (by restore native Database into SQL Database) with this character 'œ' ?
    Sorry. Problem solved.