Options

FastTabs - Stop User Collapsing?

Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
edited 2011-10-06 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

Is it possible through properties or code to prevent the user from collapsing a FastTab? Or alternatively is there a way to have a grouped set of fields on a page without a FastTab?

Many thanks

Jonathan

Comments

• Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    Is it possible through properties or code to prevent the user from collapsing a FastTab?
    No.
    is there a way to have a grouped set of fields on a page without a FastTab?
    Yes (more or less). I mean that you can force the column break by setting indented groups (max 2 columns). Try to design the page like this:
    contentarea
    -group(this is the fasttab)
    --group(first column)
    ---fields of the first column
    --group(second column)
    ---fields of the second column
    the two subgroups can be labeled, and the caption appears in bold, if i remember correctly
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    Thanks Mirko, I knew about the indented groups to force the column break within a FastTab, just wondered if it was possible to do something similar outside a FastTab, I guess not.

Thanks
  • Options
    depending on what layout you need, maybe you can try with navigate page layout (not recommended in UX guidlines, but :whistle: )
    or try with a fixedlayout part, or use factbox wisely (i'm just throwing you some ideas...)
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    Some good ideas, am I right in saying though that any fields contained in a 'FixedLayout' group or a FactBox are always enforced read-only?
  • Options
    You're correct, they are not editable...anyway, editing data is not the purpose of a factbox...
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    Why would you even want to do this? Let the user decide if he wants to collapse a part or not.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    What is the actual requirement?