Options

Newpage per record with list control in RTC report

NagiNagi Member Posts: 151
edited 2011-09-29 in NAV Three Tier
Hello :D

I have a report that uses a list control in RTC design. It was necessary to use the list control to get the structure of the report correctly (replicating indentation of several dataitems and such from the classic design). My problem is that I haven't been able to add a dynamic "New page per record" functionality to the report when I use the list control. By dynamic I mean that the user should be able to turn this feature on and off.

I know that there is a property on the list ("Insert a page break after this list") that controls page break. I also have a group on my list and there is a similar property on the group that I can tick ("Page break at end"). The problem is that I haven't found a way to control this dynamically.

I know there is a how-to article about how to add this feature to an RTC report (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd338694.aspx#1). However, this article does not discuss the use of this feature when you are using a list control. I have used this article in the past and when you only have a table control it's easy because you can add several groups to that control, but when you are using a list control it doesn't seem like it's all that easy. Or maybe I'm missing something?

Any input on this would be appreciated!

Answers