Options

Data structure (indentation) in RTC report design

NagiNagi Member Posts: 151
edited 2011-09-29 in NAV Three Tier
Hello NAV experts! I'm struggling with the design of a report in RTC and was hoping that someone here might have some input as to what I should do to solve my problem.

The report I'm struggling with works fine in classic. It has several indentations of dataitems and it's this indentation that I haven't managed to recreate in RTC.

The indentation looks like this;
Dataitem 1
  Dataitem 2
    Dataitem 3
  Dataitem 4
    Dataitem 5
In our solution we have contracts (customized table) that can be invoiced and credited. Basically dataitem1 is the contract, dataitem2 is sales invoice header, dataitem3 is sales invoice line, dataitem4 is sales cr. memo header, and dataitem5 is sales cr. memo line.

In classic report design this is no problem because we get the different sections and it's easy to link the dataitems, but in RTC we don't have the luxury of this design. I have been experimenting with groups to see if I can have dataitems2-5 as groups linked to dataitem1, but it hasn't worked.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what I should look at in RTC design to get the structure of the report correct?

Answers

• Options
    Troubles_In_ParadiseTroubles_In_Paradise Member Posts: 588
    Nagi wrote:
    Hello NAV experts! I'm struggling with the design of a report in RTC and was hoping that someone here might have some input as to what I should do to solve my problem.

The report I'm struggling with works fine in classic. It has several indentations of dataitems and it's this indentation that I haven't managed to recreate in RTC.

The indentation looks like this;
    Dataitem 1
      Dataitem 2
        Dataitem 3
      Dataitem 4
        Dataitem 5

In our solution we have contracts (customized table) that can be invoiced and credited. Basically dataitem1 is the contract, dataitem2 is sales invoice header, dataitem3 is sales invoice line, dataitem4 is sales cr. memo header, and dataitem5 is sales cr. memo line.

In classic report design this is no problem because we get the different sections and it's easy to link the dataitems, but in RTC we don't have the luxury of this design. I have been experimenting with groups to see if I can have dataitems2-5 as groups linked to dataitem1, but it hasn't worked.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what I should look at in RTC design to get the structure of the report correct?

I suggest you the following:

Create a List and set as "Grouper Field" the Contract No.
    In the list you put 2 tables, 1 for Credit Memo and 1 for Sale Invoice.
    The table for Sales Invoice must have a group in it based on the field Sales Invoice No. and the body of this table is composed by the Sales Invoice Line (the same for Credit Memo).
    With this structure it should work.
    If you haven't already used the List Control I suggest you to take a look to standard Sales Invoice.
    ~Rik~
    It works as expected... More or Less...
  • Options
    Thank you! =D> =D> =D>

I had tried using a list to solve this, but I could only get it to print one record from my dataset. It was the group property on the list that I was not aware of. Setting this value caused the report to print the list per record in the dataset.
  • Options
    Nagi wrote:
    Thank you! =D> =D> =D>

I had tried using a list to solve this, but I could only get it to print one record from my dataset. It was the group property on the list that I was not aware of. Setting this value caused the report to print the list per record in the dataset.

So problem solved?
    ~Rik~
    It works as expected... More or Less...
  • Options
    Yes, problem solved :D
  • Options
    Nagi wrote:
    Yes, problem solved :D
    ok, well done!
    ~Rik~