Options

I am trying to find Qty shipped per day, HELP

boku25boku25 Member Posts: 39
I have to create a report with two fields, one field: Total amount which shows how much money the warehouse made that day, the other would show the Qty Shipped per day, the management team is trying to find out how productive the warehouse crew is.

I am not sure where to start, but I am using the Sales Line table.

Can someone help!!

Newdy
](*,)

Comments

• Options
    dlerouxdleroux Member Posts: 87
    Umm.. try the Sales Shipment Line table rather than the Sales Line table?
    And of course, the Sales Shipment Header will give you an idea of how many actual shipments there were as opposed to units shipped
  • Options
    So whats the difference between Sales Lines and Sales Shipment Line?

Newdy?
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Sales line show you what was entered - once posted you can get the info from

Sales Invoice Header
    -Sales Invoice Line

see if you have report 10050

we use this to get an idea of what was invoiced for the day
    you can use this to create another report and add the Sales Invoice Line
    for more detail.
  • Options
    As Savatage points out, the Sales Invoice line tells you what was invoiced, while the Sales Shipment line tells you what was shipped.

Both tables have entries made when you post the Sales Order. If you do partial shipments, it is possible for the quantity invoiced to be different than the quantity shipped - and since you were specifically asking about quantity shipped I suggested the Shipment Lines table.
  • Options
    So whats the link between Sales Invoice Line or Header and Sales Shipment Line,
    Example: SSL.SETRANGE("Document No.","No.");
    SSL Global Variable RECORD Sales Shipment Line

SSL.SETRANGE("Document No.","No.");
    IF SSL.FIND('-') THEN REPEAT
    TotalQtyShipped+= SIL.Quantity;
    Qty2+= SIL.Quantity;
    UNTIL SIL.NEXT=0;
    GrandTotalQtyShipped+= TotalQtyShipped;

I am I using the right Keys?

I am using report 10050 I am trying to add qty from the SSL to the Sales Invoice Header.

HELP
    Newdy
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I'm not in front of my work ,computer right now - but one difference is that Sales Shippment line's do not contain the prices/cost/discounts n' such like the Sales Invoice Line has.

if my memory serves me right - i do not think there is an easy connection between sales invoice line & sales shipment line.

(link Sales Invoice Header:"No." & Sales Invoice Line:"Document No.")

I usually go for sales invoice line & sales invoice header - our's has everything we need for reports. We do not do partial shipments so the "Qty" field on the sales invoice is exactly what we shipped. no backorders. plus you get all the prices/discounts/ etc etc etc.

you could always create a report using the Item Ledger entries to get daily sales qty's too. But it sould like you would like to have 1 report.
  • Options
    will be "Order No." not "Document No." in the shipment tabes (both header and line) [edit] "Sales Shipment Header"."No." /"Sales Shipment Line"."Document No." is the link if you want to examine just the shipment tables [/edit]

And Savatage is right - there is no connection between a posted shipment and a posted invoice. They can both refer back to the original sales order number, but if you need to tie specific shipments to specific invoices (and you have partial shipments or invoices then you are looking at spending some quality time modifying the posting routines.