error 14420 MSSQLSERVER

kanikakanika Member Posts: 247
edited 2011-07-27 in SQL Performance
How Can I fix this error?

Explanation:
"Log shipping is out of synchronization beyond the backup threshold. The backup threshold is the number of minutes that are allowed to elapse between log-shipping backup jobs before an alert is generated. This message does not necessarily indicate a problem with log shipping. Instead, this message might indicate one of the following problems:

The backup job is not running. Possible causes for this include the following: the SQL Server Agent service on the primary server instance is not running, the job is disabled, or the job's schedule has been changed.

The backup job is failing. Possible causes for this include the following: the backup folder path is not valid, the disk is full, or any other reason that the BACKUP statement could fail."

For the time being, I have disabled the LSAlert schedule.

Thanks!!

Answers

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    That is not so easy to answer. Best start learning the basics of logshipping/SQL server administration.
    And also read the message. It says what to start checking.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• strykstryk Member Posts: 645
    Well, the error message actually answers your question ...

Log Shipping is a frequent process of ...
    1. Creating a Log Backup
    2. Shipping it to the Remote-Server
    3. Restore it on the Remote-Server

Obviously your Step 1 fails, thus you have to check out what exactly the problem is:
    The backup job is not running. Possible causes for this include the following: the SQL Server Agent service on the primary server instance is not running, the job is disabled, or the job's schedule has been changed.

The backup job is failing. Possible causes for this include the following: the backup folder path is not valid, the disk is full, or any other reason that the BACKUP statement could fail."
    Jörg A. Stryk (MVP - Dynamics NAV)
    NAV/SQL Performance Optimization & Troubleshooting
    STRYK System Improvement
    The Blog - The Book - The Tool
  • kanikakanika Member Posts: 247
    Thanks!
    I solved the problem with your help
    =D>