Options

NAV 2009 R2 Upgrade Question Form.RUN

infonoteinfonote Member Posts: 233
edited 2011-07-20 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

If a client is using RTC Pages only, i.e. without forms, should standard code be replaced?
E.g. should FORM.RUN be changed to PAGE.RUN assuming the page already exists?

I am pretty sure it is a yes but need confirmation.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    If form is existing then no need to change..NAV will automatically convert it as Page..
  • Options
    infonoteinfonote Member Posts: 233
    If form is existing then no need to change..NAV will automatically convert it as Page..

Thanks for the reply.
    But if a new function needs to be added to a page, I guess the function should not be added to the form only, just replace the global variable from Form to Page to call the new function.
  • Options
    pjvpjv Member Posts: 3
    I don't think NAV will automaticaly convert a form to a page. If you call a codeunit containing a FORM.RUN from a Role Tailored Client environment, NAV will check if there is a corresponding page available (corresponding = page with the same ID). If the page doesn't exist you can transform the form to a page yourself by using NAV transformation tool, but NAV won't do that automaticaly...
  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503

It doesnot mean that it will convert the form to page..
    it means that it will convert Form.Run to Page.run..

I should have been more clear :)
  • Options
    PureHeartPureHeart Member Posts: 190
    Yes if you are using the FORM.RUN in RTC the corresponding page with the same ID will be run...if there is no page then an error will be generated.

And yes if it's new code you are adding and you are only implementing for RTC use the PAGE command and not the FORM one...

Also only add functions to PAGEs if you can't add them on the table itself or in a codeunit....
    Why don't you try my compare tool?
    http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=1123