Options

Create Charts in RTC??

gonzy1981gonzy1981 Member Posts: 156
edited 2011-07-02 in NAV Three Tier
Hi:
I'm trying to create a Chart in the RTC, but i don't know. I saw a Form/Page called Charts where i can import a .xml but how i create a chart in a '.xml'.

Do you know if there are any manual about that?? Or how i can create that '.xml'.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    I have used the chart wizard a number of times and it works really good.
  • Options
    gonzy1981gonzy1981 Member Posts: 156
    It's an incredible tool, but i've some problems in the form (Chart Filters 72001) when i try to made a filter of an option field.
    I try to put in the field "FILTER VALUE", something like this: (the source table is Vendor Ledger Entry)

Filter Field ID Filter Field Name Filter Value
    5 Document Type <>"Document Type"::Invoice

But i've a error in the RTC.

Is it possible to do that???
  • Options
    henrikmhenrikm Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 66
    I haven't used the mentioned tool - however in the xml file you have to use the numeric values for the filter thus you will most likely have to do the same in the tool.

Example:
    <Filter>
    <Field Name="Document Type" />
    <Value><>1</Value>
    </Filter>

/henrik
    “This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.”

Henrik Metzger, Software Development Engineer, Dynamics NAV
    MSFT
  • Options
    aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
    not being an expert in .xml is there any standard for filtering by dates? in NAV I can use W for workdate, or T for today. How can I apply a fitter for current week (CW), current month (CM). The only date filters i've been able to use is m..su which filters Monday through Sunday. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    Any standard filter which you use in a filter field on a list in RTC should possible to use in the XML file (you can see chart "18-01" for an example of using w). In W1 CW does not return a valid date in RTC.

I can see that Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 Classic knows the filters as you describe them. I will investigate the RTC limits to this.

/henrik

MSFT
  • Options
    After some investigation I now realize that the Chart filter supports the same filters as RTC except for today and workdate. RTC does not understand the same filter expressions as Classic Client does as RTC currently do not call code unit 1 for filter evaluation.

Note: It turns out that W is wednesday in the week of the workdate when used in the Chart XML file.

The above filtering is very likely to change in vNext.

/henrik

MSFT
  • Options
    aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
    Thanks for your reply. If I wanted to do a filter for the current month, you would think I could do CM, but it doesn't accept that value. Do I have to change the dates in the filter every month? surely there has to be an easy way to do this.
  • Options
    From the current implementation of the filters in RTC and the way these are connected to the chart definition, unfortunately I do not think that there are any good options.

I will investigate if there are any work-arounds to this issue (currently I can only think of something which is not at all viable in a production environment).

It is on the plan to include the wanted filtering into the next release of NAV.

MSFT
  • Options
    djswimdjswim Member Posts: 277
    The chart wizard doesn't seem to be available any more... anyone have a link that isn't broken?

As always, thank you!
    "OMG ALL MY DATA IS GONE"
    "Show All..."
    "Oh..."
  • Options
    djswim wrote:
    The chart wizard doesn't seem to be available any more... anyone have a link that isn't broken?

As always, thank you!

is this what you are thinking about:
    http://dynamicsuser.net/blogs/navdev/ar ... -kpis.aspx

alternatively the v2 can be found here:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nav_developer/a ... ol-ii.aspx

MSFT
  • Options
    tcummingstcummings Member Posts: 3
    I am looking for the chart wizard. I have tried all links in this string and none seem to have the actual Chart Wizard to download.
  • Options
    In the last link in my previous post the tool is available on the page (not as download) - though it requires looking through the text to remove the [RemoveMe] comments before importing.
    To use it, save the code below to a text file. Then remove all [RemoveMe] from the text after checking that the object types and IDs won't replace existing objects that you want to keep. Then import it into NAV from Object Designer, and compile.
    by lohndorf

MSFT
  • Options
    FranklinFranklin Member Posts: 253
    Hi everybody,

I´m using this post to answer if everybody know where i can get the Chart Generator tool.

I´m looking for it but it´s impossible for me. #-o

Thx a lot.