Options

Sales order is posted as a partial invoice

Tan_Eng_SiongTan_Eng_Siong Member Posts: 84
Hi

I am working on a Navision version 4. I have tried to customize the Sales Order form to prevent users from creating partial shipment or partial invoice. The users want the sales order to posted as a complete invoice and not two or mor invoices.

I removed the Qty to Invoice and Qty to Ship and the users are still facing a problem with the partial shipment and partial invoice.

Is there a known bug in the Sales Order form?

Thanks [-o<
Tan Eng Siong

Comments

• Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    A user can always create additional new lines and post them, even if the other lines are posted
    OR
    increase the quantity after posting and post the line again.

That's not a bug, that's Navision.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    golfergolfer Member Posts: 88
    You can use the field "Shipping advice" on the customer and/or sales order (in the shipping tab in std. Navision) where you can choose partial or complete shipment.

Hope that helps
  • Options
    ShenpenShenpen Member Posts: 386
    Complete shipping advice won't help, as it just means a given line must be shipped at once, but you can ship the first line now and the second later.

One can enter new lines to a shipped order only after reopening it, so that's not a problem.

My advice is

1) Maybe forget order and just use sales invoice
    2) hidig qty. to ship, qty. to invoice fields really should solve it - it is really strange why it does not happening. I think you should turn on Change Log for sales headers and lines and the next time a user reports this happening, investigate what did they do.

Do It Yourself is they key. Standard code might work - your code surely works.
  • Options
    Tan_Eng_SiongTan_Eng_Siong Member Posts: 84
    Hi everyone

Thanks for the tip of using Change Log. I will try it and let you know the outcome. I will also change the Shipping Advice to Complete prevent any accidents.
    Tan Eng Siong
  • Options
    Shipping advice = complete means the whole order must be complete, not just the lines seperately. It is true that new lines can be added but as Shenpen says this is only after you attentionally have reopened the order so that shouldn´t be a problem.
    I agree turning on change log could be a good idea in this case to see what happens next time.
  • Options
    ShenpenShenpen Member Posts: 386
    I tested Shipping Advice last time in 3.6 and I found it only relates to one line. Are you sure?

Do It Yourself is they key. Standard code might work - your code surely works.
  • Options
    Just tested it in SE3.60 and SE4.0 and it is complete shipment required. A very useful function for many of our clients.

Regards