Options

RTC Filter Pane quick filter error, must specify an interval

LibertyMountainLibertyMountain Member Posts: 94
edited 2011-06-15 in NAV Three Tier
When I open the Bin Contents list page in the Role Tailored Client and try to set a quick filter on a single Item Number, I get the following error:

(if that is hard to read, it says, "The filter '@287091*' on the Item No. field in the Bin Content table must specify an interval. You can use two permitted formats for filters that specify an interval: * A Selects values equal to A. * A..Z Selects values between A and Z, inclusive.")

I think I am using the first "permitted format for filters," and that is entering one item number. The item does exist in the Bin Content table. If I enter a range of that item to itself (287091..287091), then the filter works as I expect. I noticed also that if I put tic marks (apostrophes) around the item number, the filter works ('287091' instead of 287091). Also if I use the advanced filters on this page and enter just the item number there, it works. The error only shows if I am using the quick filter, and it seems to only happen on this page (Bin Contents list page), and only when filtering on Item No. The other quick filters like Bin Code and Location code work as expected.

I assume that there is something wrong with my page, but I am not very familiar with page design. Does anyone have any suggestions? How can I turn on a run-time debugger in RTC? Would it help for you to see the text file export of this page?

Comments

• Options
    TheDoubleHTheDoubleH Member Posts: 67
    That is really bizare - I just tried in a cronus database and see the same.

funny thing is, that if you click on the Item No. column and do a 'Filter to this Value' (ALT+F3), the filter is set to the value in single quotes.

if you go on the Sales Order List it works just fine :shock:

I have a feeling that that issue comes from the fact that the Bin Content table has a function called GetCaption, which is used by the page. That function uses the GETRANGEMIN and GETRANGEMAX, which causes the error. To me it seems like an issue with the compiler, as it clearly understands that the RANGEMAX and -MIN can be the same - if you put it in single quotes :oops:
    Kind Regards

Henrik Helgesen,
    President | Helgesen Consulting
    about.me | LinkedIN