Options

SQL 2008 vs AutoIncrement

maxdebemaxdebe Member Posts: 3
Hi

I' ve a SQL Table which contain a field IDREC as primary Key with property Identity = yes

When I try to open the table in Nav 4sp2 I receive the following error :
"The Table xxxx contain a field which Autoincrement value daesn't match IDENTITY status of SQL Server : field IDREC"

Navision AutoIncrement property is set to NO

Can someone help me to set a NAv field using SQL Identity property ?

Thanks
Max

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Just set the Autoincrement property of the field in NAV.

And one thing- never set different properties directly on SQL when you are not sure what you are doing. It could lead only into problems...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    maxdebemaxdebe Member Posts: 3
    My table is an interface table between two systems.

I would like to populate the table data from a sql souce external from NAV.

Writing the rec i need to create the index field IDREC

It seem to be a simple thing.....

Max
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    And what is the problem? Have you read my answer? Is there some error when you are setting the property?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    rcverbeekrcverbeek Member Posts: 32
    edited 2022-08-17
    I ran into the same problem:the source table contains an SQL IDENTITY field, while the corresponding Nav field had AutoIncrement initially set to false.

When I wanted to add a new field to the Nav table I ended up in a Catch 22 situation. I got the error
    "The xxx table contains a field with an AutoIncrement value that does not match the SQL Server IDENTITY status:"

But when I changed the autoincrement of the corresponding field to true, I got the error
    "The xxx table references a SQL Server object. You cannot redesign linked objects."

So there was no way of changing the Nav table anymore. I ended up exporting the table definition to text, adding the autoincrement property to it, deleting the object and recreating it by importing the txt file.