Options

Error when created item card

yohanayohana Member Posts: 38
edited 2011-06-15 in NAV Three Tier
Dear Mibuso,

i have a case, there was an error when created new item card in NAV 2009 R2. why this error happened? the error says:

"Microsoft Dynamics NAV has stopped working.
Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.
--> Check online for a solution and close the program.
--> Close the program
--> Debug the program"

Please help for this case.

Thanks,
Yohana

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    For more look into event log on the client and on the service tier. There should be error with more details.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
    Hi Kine,

This is the detail of that error :
    - System

- Provider

[ Name] Windows Error Reporting

- EventID 1001

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 4

Task 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2011-06-07T04:40:36.000000000Z

EventRecordID 7896

Channel Application

Computer WLR-SVR-APP.wlr.com

Security

- EventData

DynamicsNavServiceException
    Not available
    Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client
    4d1e79ae
    Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ServiceConnection.dll
    4d1e79a0
    8d
    System.NullReferenceException

C:\Users\wlrnav3\AppData\Local\Temp\27\7488.1.634430436324997140.dmp C:\Users\wlrnav3\AppData\Local\Temp\27\7488.1.634430436324997140.txt
    C:\Users\wlrnav3\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Critical_Microsoft.Dynami_cbb51cd3774fdf1af4286c5be1f2e8708ce9c070_508d4efc

46e1a792-90c0-11e0-bf15-1cc1de721ce6

The 7488.1.634430436324997140.txt contain :
    Type: System.NullReferenceException
    Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    StackTrace:
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ServiceConnection.AnalyzeTableRelations(MasterPage page, String personalizationId)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ServiceConnection.GetMasterPageFromCache(Int32 pageId, String personalizationId, Boolean applyPersonalization, Boolean doGetDependencies)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ServiceConnection.GetMasterPage(Int32 pageId, String personalizationId, Boolean applyPersonalization)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.FormBuilder.BuilderSession.CreateLogicalForm(Int32 formId, FormState formState, Int32 retryCounter)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.FormBuilder.BuilderSession.CreateLogicalForm(Int32 formId, FormState formState)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.Actions.NavOpenTaskPageAction.InvokeCore(Boolean async, LogicalControl logicalControl, Object state, UISession uiSession)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Action.InvokeCoreWithErrorHandling(Boolean async, LogicalControl logicalControl, Object state, UISession uiSession)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Action.DoInvoke(LogicalControl logicalControl, UISession uiSession)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Action.Invoke(LogicalControl logicalControl)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.WinForms.RepeaterControlAdapter.DataGrid_PerformCellAction(Object sender, DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.WinForms.Controls.BusinessGridView.OnPerformCellAction(DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.WinForms.Controls.BusinessGridView.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    Source: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.ServiceConnection

Please help us to solve this problem.. Thanks.
    Best regards,

Johanna
  • Options
    AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    Do you use the Classic Client or RTC?

Try to search the latest platform update and install if exist, and see if the issue has been resolved here:
    NAV2009 SP1 Platform Hotfix Overview
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • Options
    Hi Andwian,

Thanks for your reply. We use RTC client. I have took a look at your link, but I did'nt found about this issue.. I run page Item Card and it show same error.. Please help us.. Thanks
    Best regards,

Johanna
  • Options
    Dear Andwian,

i use RTC. i was search for platform hotfix related to error new item card but i haven't found the hotfix.....

Regards,
    Yohana
  • Options
    I mean: check your Build No.whether it is the latest one.

If not, then try to upgrade the Platform. Hopefully it will solve your problem.
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • Options
    Dear Andwin,

I have applied the new platform, the build no. is 32074. but the error was still appear.....
    Please help.

Thanks & Regards,
    Yohana
  • Options
    Is it the latest one?
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • Options
    Lidya_TanLidya_Tan Member Posts: 16
    Dear Andwin,

Item card problem is solved with replace it with item card standard, but after that error is happen again. ](*,)
    we must restart service to solved that error.
    I wish that error never show again.
    can you help me? [-o<

Thanks & Regards,
    Lidya
  • Options
    kamranshehzadkamranshehzad Member Posts: 165
    Try deleting the personalisation settings and restart the service after doing that.
    KS
  • Options
    Hi kamranshehzad,

Thanks for your reply. How to delete the personalization settings? Do you know why this error is happen? How to avoid this error? Thanks..:)
    Best regards,

Johanna
  • Options
    johanna wrote:
    Hi kamranshehzad,

Thanks for your reply. How to delete the personalization settings? Do you know why this error is happen? How to avoid this error? Thanks..:)
    Form9191, 9190, 9172, 9170
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • Options
    Hi Andwian,

If I delete the personalization, all my settings would be disappeared.. What is the relation of delete the personalization and error when open Item Card? I just got error when open Item Card and it didn't happen when I open the other page. Thank you.
    Best regards,

Johanna
  • Options
    I have no idea. I just answer your question "How to delete the personalization settings?"
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • Options
    Hi Andwian,

I am sorry. Just now I check the latest build no for NAV 2009 R2 is 32465, not 32074..
    Best regards,

Johanna