Options

Report causes Navision Crash RTC

Troubles_In_ParadiseTroubles_In_Paradise Member Posts: 588
edited 2011-06-10 in NAV Three Tier
Hi guys, I try to post my problem here also if I know could be difficult to solve it.
I created a custom report for Sales Credit Memos. While creating I tested it with command line from RUN, and today I finished it.
After tests I implemented it in our solution, because all seems to work well.
I decide to use the standard function "Print" of the page "Posted Sales Credit Memos", so the only thingh I did was to change the ID of the report in the Report Selection table.
I try to run the report from the page and the request page is shown, but when I click preview Navision Crashes (but if I run the same report from RUN works well).
After many attempts in vain (
1) deleted pieces of layout (at the end I deleted all the layout except one textbox)
2) deleted all code
3) deleted all dataitems)

I notice that there's one difference between request page that is shown if report is run from RUN, and request page that is shown if report is run from Page: in request page I have a Boolean variable that enables report to do some calculations; by default I set it to true in the Report - OnInit trigger, but if I run report from page it remains false. So I tried to check it but when I do this Navision Crashes.
I thought that could be a problem connected to this boolean, but all boolean I put in the Request Page cause crash of Navision if I run it from page (if I run report from RUN no problems).
My last attempt was to try to understand where Navision crash putting some messages in Request Page's triggers, but if I run report from page no triggers are fired (if I run report from RUN no problems).

I hope that someone has already faced this problem,
I'm sorry for the long post, many thanks to all.
~Rik~
It works as expected... More or Less...

Answers

• Options
    mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    next step - Eventvwr :) client and service.
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
  • Options
    Troubles_In_ParadiseTroubles_In_Paradise Member Posts: 588
    In the end, with help of my colleague Belias, the problem is solved.
    In the DB I had 2 reports of Credit Memos.
    The first one with ID 50000 and the suffix "OLD" in the name, with no Request page and no layout.
    The other one with ID 18036000 and no suffix in the name, with request page designed and layout designed.
    So they looked completly different objects.

Launching report from an action inside the RTC, request page appears (I thought it was 18036000's Request Page; necessarly because 50000 hadn't Request Page), but opening the About this Page in the Tab "Page Information" the value of field "Page" was Credit Memo OLD (50000).
    At this point my reaction was: what????? :shock: "report 50000 hasn't request page".
    I checked this many times but as I remembered 50000 was in the DB only to show me how Classic Client print Credit Memos, so no Request Page, no Layout nothing!

At the end Belias found what causes this strange thingh, 2 reports had the same Caption.
    I really don't know why RTC launched report 50000 with Request Page and Layout of the report 18036000 (At this point I think it's clear why RTC crashed). Changed the caption the Report started to work also in RTC.

I think that report worked with RUN because I launched it with the following code (specifing the ID):
    dynamicsnav:////runreport?report=18035785

I don't know what do you think about it but I still think that it's a very very strange behaviour. :-k
    ~Rik~
    It works as expected... More or Less...
  • Options
    beranberan Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 80
    We in the client team would like to see the crash either as a Watson report with all the data it requests, or as a hotfix including repro steps (if possible) and/or the stacktrace from the Event Viewer (eventvwr.exe). We have seen a number of these type of crashes and we like to give you an explaining message. Preferably an explanation for the specific problem and if possible a good suggestion for solving the problem.
    Eric Beran
    Software Design Engineer II
    Dynamics NAV Office 365
    Microsoft

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.