Options

Consistency Error

southindiansouthindian Member Posts: 247
edited 2011-05-30 in NAV Three Tier
Dear all,

I have encountered a Peculiar error about Consistency, Which is very new for me. Here in this Forum I had searched for Consistency error and got many Post as result , in which Ar3n Post Seems to be matching for my problem. But i don't understand what he is trying to say, means I had downloaded and tested the Codeunit that he has attached in his Post.But i don't understand How to catch up the error and how to rectify that. As a result of executing the Codeunit, I got 5 lines in General Ledger Entries As Inconsistency Entries. How to check it. Can any body can help me.

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    I guess you've already looked at this post and replied.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22748
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    southindiansouthindian Member Posts: 247
    Yes sir. I will check as per your instruction and get back to you if i have doubts. thanks ance again .
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    prack wrote:
    A consistency error refers to the occurrence of the values of two or more data items which do not satisfy some predefined relationship between those data items.SQL Server 2008's version of DBCC CHECKDB checks a lot more stuff that the SQL 2000 version. It is not uncommon for problems to be found in SQL 2008 that weren't found in SQL 2000. If I remember correctly CHECKDB on SQL 2005 runs DBCC CHECKCATALOG but the SQL 2000 version doesn't. Try running DBCC CHECKCATALOG on your SQL 2000 server and see if you get the error back.

It is not about consistency on SQL level, it is about consistency on application level... NAV is using the "CONSISTENCY" command to mark the table as inconsistent and to prevent possible commits on this inconsistent database...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.