More RSS Feed options are available

Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
edited 2005-08-31 in Announcements
To further improve your RSS experience, I have extended the RSS Feeds that are available for this forum. Now you can choose the forum you want to follow, together with the number of postings and the type of postings (Only new topics/All posts).

http://www.mibuso.com/rssfeeds.asp

Please leave some feedback if it doesn't work or if you think of new features.
No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Sorry, but I have problems with the RSS now (SHarpReader). The standard 3 are not valid XML and the new one generated as I set it up, there is Error reading URL: The underlaying connection was closed. The request was canceled.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Yeah, there is error in the generator - one / is missing after rss before ?

wrong code
    http://www.mibuso.com/rss?feed=5&f=23&c=20&t=1

correct one
    http://www.mibuso.com/rss/?feed=5&f=23&c=20&t=1

Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    kine wrote:
    Yeah, there is error in the generator - one / is missing after rss before ?
    I fixed this one now.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
    kine wrote:
    [...] The standard 3 are not valid XML [...]
    And fixed this one as well.
    I have some feedback for you:

I think that use something like Date of last change inplace Date of creation of the topic will be better. I can than sort the feed to see changed topics on top. Now I can only sort by Title or Creation date (date)... Now I must search whole list for new posts in old threads...

Thanks
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Each item already contains a <pubDate>-tag with the date/time of the topic. eg: <pubDate>Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:11:43 GMT</pubDate>. I don't think the date/time of a topic changes, when someone replies to a topic.
    Yes, but for sorting, I need to have the date of last reply in the thread (topic) in same level as title and date of the thread (topic). I am not able to sort it if the date is nested... because it will sort by topic date, not last reply date... May be that I described it in incomprehensible way... :-k
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    I am working with the new XML-feeds.
    GREAT!!!!!
    Now I see also the replies on the topics. I missed these in the past.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

Sorry, it was my fault, it is working very GOOD... :-)

I only did not recognize the meanings of some things... all is ok and sufficient...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Actually, it is working TOO good.
    If I don't look at my newsreader for some days, there are hundreds of new lines (specially in the Navision forum) in it, most of them on the same topics. If if I sort all on description, it takes me a lot of time to see them all.

Someone has an idea on how to limit this a little?
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

For watching new posts I am using old RSS feeds. For watching which topic is active I am using new RSS feeds where I only overlook if there is something I want to read and I did not answered and mark all as read... because if there is something old which I want to watch, I subcribe it to e-mail notifications... :-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    That was the way I did it before Luc added the new RSS feeds.
    And I think I will have to switch back to that to avoid an overdose of RSS feeds.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

Old RSS feed are not running???

There are new posts but the http://www.mibuso.com/rss/?feed=2 feed include last post from 28.6.2005...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    It's working again now. I had to change the fieldtype of field TopicID from mediumint to bigint, in the mySQL database.

Thx for reporting this.
    Thx, I confirm that it is running now...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    I just noticed there is not RSS-feed on the How-To's.

Luc, can you fix that?
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

There are also no RSS-feeds for the Business & Product Directories. Are those feeds really needed? I hope they aren't a replacement for visiting the site regularly [-o<
    Now I understand what you mean: the How-To forum is not displayed in the forum list of http://www.mibuso.com/rssfeeds.asp . Will fix it tomorrow.
    Fixed.