Report Page Header Not Printing in Every Page?

postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
edited 2011-03-11 in NAV Three Tier
Hi experts,

I have an issue with a report in RTC.

When the data in the report is limited to 1 page everything goes fine but when the data in the report exceed one page, the page header dosen't get printed in the next page.

Is there any way to resolve the same.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page

Answers

• deV.chdeV.ch Member Posts: 543
    You need to set PrintOnLastPage on the Header Properties to TRUE

Only if PrintOnLastPage AND PrintOnFirstPage are set to true, the header will be printed on every page.
  • postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    hi,

The property you mentioned i.e PrintonFirstPage and PrintonLastPage are already set to true.

The header is coming on all pages if i run the report for multiple records but if one record is big so that it moved to second page then the header is not getting printed.

Please revert back.

Thanks

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    use repeatonnewpage property: set it to true.
    depending on your report design this won't probably be sufficient. If it doesn't work, just post your rdlc design here and let's see what we can do :wink:
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
    Hmm please post a screenshot of your layout. You said the Page header is not printed on every page. And the page header doesn't have a Property "PrintOnEveryPage"
    Hi i am adding the report print out of in which i am facing issue.

The record is going in two pages one page contain all header values where the other one is blank.

See the attached screen shot.

Please revert back.
    thanks
    1.JPG 91.7K
    2.JPG 65.4K

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

And here is the page header as you asked for, with the page header properties window.

Please revert back.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Ok as you can se the header IS printed ;) because you can see the two black boxes which come from the header section.
    The problem is that the Header referes to Textboxes on the body (ReportItems!....) and that this textboxes aren't printed on the page where you don't get the header infos. You need to place the textboxes in a row which is printed / executed on every page. I can't tell you which row it must be because your screenshot doesn't show the whole layout. But it must be a body row not a header row!

In short: when Page Header referes to a textbox on the Page Body, then this textbox must be printed / executed (even not visible) on every page => a body row of a table.

i hope you understand what i try to say :oops:
    Hi,

Please check out the report Body.

Thanks

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    it's because of the body line where you've placed the textbox: on the second page, no dimensions are printed (as you can see, there's only the fax no.) and the body where you placed the red textboxes is not printed at all.
    move the red textboxes somewhere else, for example near the line header, the one where it's written "no." "description" and so on (which is printed on every page, i guess)

P.S.: this layout is a little bit crazy! check sales invoice and how does it manage the header fields. that method (store every value in a single textbox with a separator and then extract the values through getdata function) will save you a lot of white space at the right of the invoice (the steps to do it are written in manual 80146A_NA2009_ENUS_REP, or maybe on msdn, too).
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • nswausnswaus Member Posts: 12
    edited 2011-03-09
    Need help!!! In Report108 Customer - Order Detail, I try to add a additional dataitem Service Line below Sales Line and also add a new Table Control in RDLC, but some ReportItems info can't be shown in other pages (Service Page).
    I already tried the above methods mentioned, but it didn't work. I attached two screenshots for reference.
    Anyone can help me? Thanks in advance.
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Quick solution will be check report 305, how it is done..

in your case, is service line printing in report?
    edited 2011-03-09
    Quick solution will be check report 305, how it is done..

in your case, is service line printing in report?

I checked Report305, but still can't get the point.
    Yes, I can print out service line in the report and also can print out "=Fields!STRSUBSTNO_Text000_PeriodText_.Value" in the Table header of Service Line, but "=ReportItems!STRSUBSTNO_Text000_PeriodText_.Value" and other ReportItems are still missing in the Page Header.
    Thanks
    nswaus wrote:
    I checked Report305, but still can't get the point.
    In report 305 - Vendor, header (2)
    Add the LCYCaption above Customer Filter
    I guess this a bug in STD NAV. If you run the standard report108 without any filters and check the last page for total amount calculation, you can also find ReportItems will be missing at the page header. Because the hidden fields for ReportItems don't exist in the last table.
    nswaus wrote:
    I guess this a bug in STD NAV. If you run the standard report108 without any filters and check the last page for total amount calculation, you can also find ReportItems will be missing at the page header. Because the hidden fields for ReportItems don't exist in the last table.

i think yes :-k bcs as discussed above
    the body where you placed the red textboxes is not printed at all.
    If you copy the hidden fields from table header to Page body(below vendor filter), it may work (didnt try)
    If you copy the hidden fields from table header to Page body(below vendor filter), it may work (didnt try)[/quote]

If you try to copy hidden fields to another place, it will generate a new textbox with a different Name. In Page Header, you only can assign ReportItems to the textbox with the specified name. At present I only can create two textboxes and put them at the same location, them the report can print ReportItems in different pages. The more terrible thing is that it seems that the way to copy hidden fields can't be applied in the Buffer Table.
    In a word, RDLC always gives you a surprise. Hahaha....
    Why surprise? of course the copied textbox has a new Name, the name is unique so why should it duplicate...
    But you can cut and past the hidden fields to a body row, that way the name rests the same. That's what i did when i had that problem...
  • shyamraooshyamraoo Member Posts: 38
    Anyone found solution for this issue, Instead of using reportitems do we have to use getdata and setdata functions? please can someone help me on this?
    Regards,

N.Shyam Kumar
  • RockWithNAVRockWithNAV Member Posts: 1,139
    @postsaurav - Did you tried doing Advanced Column option option which comes up in the column grouping section?
  • satyamshreyanshsatyamshreyansh Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I am facing a similar issue. I am trying to write multiple comments in the report. Till the time lines are in same page, report works fine but as soon as lines move to 2nd page, the header is not coming on the first page. It only appears in the 2nd page. Any solutions please?