Options

Promote action in subform

ErwinErwin Member Posts: 14
edited 2011-03-03 in NAV Three Tier
Is it possible to promote an action in a subform, so it shows up when you open the main form. For example, can you promote the action 'Get price...' from subform page 46 (sales line), so it is visible in the big bar (I don't know the exact name for this) in the mainform under 'Statistics'.

Comments

• Options
    TroelshTroelsh Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 79
    This is not possible in the current release

Troels Bent Hansen
    Senior Program Manager
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV

****** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights ******
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Do you know if there are plans to have this in the next version? We've also run into this and just end up coding work arounds for it.
  • Options
    TroelshTroelsh Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 79
    We have no current plans of making it possible to enabling promotoin of actions from a subpage to the main page.
    In a future release we intend to add an actionbar to the subpage.

Troels Bent Hansen
    Senior Program Manager
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV

****** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights ******
  • Options
    awarnawarn Member Posts: 261
    Mattrax, what is the easy workaround for this with code? We are customizing a solution where the users will be using item tracking on every line on every screen, and being able to have this as a button on the header instead of off of the lightning bolt (2 menulevels deep) would be a big help.
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    I know it's an old post, but i am currently having the same problem: there's something like 8 functions in a subform and it's really bad that the user have to run one of them for each line in a subform.
    i think i'll create some actions in the header that when clicked will run sendkeys with the shortcut of the actions in the subpage...
    Any better ideas? :-k
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    awarn wrote:
    Mattrax, what is the easy workaround for this with code? We are customizing a solution where the users will be using item tracking on every line on every screen, and being able to have this as a button on the header instead of off of the lightning bolt (2 menulevels deep) would be a big help.

Well, I guess 1 year later is better late than never. :| For this, we use the assist edit button (the ... button) on the reserved quantity field. That way it is only one click.
    Troelsh wrote:
    In a future release we intend to add an actionbar to the subpage.
    I would think that this would look awful on the screen, but maybe my imagination isn't putting it together correctly.
    Belias wrote:
    i think i'll create some actions in the header that when clicked will run sendkeys
    Be careful with that. With the ability to hide fields and show fields it's practically impossible to know how many tabs you need in order to get to the right field. Although you can probably just send the shortcut key command for that action.
  • Options
    awarnawarn Member Posts: 261
    mattrax wrote:
    For this, we use the assist edit button (the ... button) on the reserved quantity field. That way it is only one click

This is a great idea - simpler is often better - even a year later much thanks!
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    Although you can probably just send the shortcut key command for that action.
    yeah, i think it's what i'll do: for example send a ctrl+shift+i from a promoted action in the sales header in order to run the item tracking. It should work!(unless there's an equal shortcut for some actions in the header :roll: )
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog