Options

Page Webservice Test Not Working - InfoPath

TimSimmondsTimSimmonds Member Posts: 47
edited 2011-02-03 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

We are attempting to connect to a Nav2009 Webservice and not having any luck getting a simple Page webservice to run. Eg. Customer Card Page (ReadMultiple method) to display a list of customers.

The ultimate aim is to have access to our databases via a web browser....a kind of Customer Portal to display customer invoices, shipments etc.

We can display the WSDL (i think that is what it is called) in a browser no problem, so we now that everything is running that needs to be. We can connect to the SystemService webservice to return the list of Companies and also to a test Codeunit webservice (eg. a "item no." is sent and teh item description is returned). We just can't access a customer list say of a Page webservice.

We've also tried accessing them through MS InfoPath and although we get as far as defining the datasource and selecting the fields, we get this error;
"The SOAP response indicates that an error occurred: TableData 800 does not exist.
<detail><string xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2003/10/Serialization/">TableData 800 does not exist.</string></detail>"

..when we preview and run the InfoPath query.

Saying all this, we CAN connect and run Infopath queries to a local Cronus database. It's just a problem with Page webservice query requests and having the database sitting on another server within our domain.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    thmartinthmartin Member Posts: 90
    Your Page refers directly or indirectly to table 800. The error message says that this table does not exist.

Check if the table is there. If it is there check the settings for the service tier. You might connect somehow to a wrong database.
    Thomas Martin
    NAV Developer
  • Options
    TimSimmondsTimSimmonds Member Posts: 47
    That was such an easy answer. I feel embarrassed that I didn't read the message properly! :oops:

As we have done a technical upgrade aand haven't got the full RTC up and running yet I had to take a copy of the Customer Card Page and amended it to work with our database. I had left a reference to the new Online Map tables. I'd tested my page out on a Nav2009 Cronus database and of course it could reference the tables.

Thanks very much for your help.