Options

Dynamics AX 2009 - BOM Tables Diagram etc?

Marius0188Marius0188 Member Posts: 21
edited 2011-01-28 in Dynamics AX
Hi All,

I need to work on a report which will display all items and their relevant BOMS on each level.
Which tables are BOM and levels stored? What is the relation of these tables?
Maybe even better if I can get hold of a diagram?

Please help ASAP.

Kind regards.

Comments

• Options
    eruditerudit Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Here is a small overview of the BOM related tables:

BOMTable table - a header of the BOM list. It contains a unique BOMId, that will be used by BOM lines to refer to the header.

BOM table - lines of the BOM list. They are using BOMId of the BOMTable record to refer to the header.

BOMVerson table - this table connects an item and a BOM (header). It allows to have many-to-many relations betwean an InventTable and BOMTable. It means that many items have the same BOM, and many BOMs can be assigned to the same item. However, only one BOMVersion record will be selected and its BOM Id is used on the order line during the order creation and this selection is based on the criteria specified on the BOMVersion record (e.g. order quantity, order date) and the respective data on the order line (sales or production). This table is not mandatory and actually maybe disabled in the configuration key. If it happens, then there will be always 1-to-1 relation betwean an item and a BOM and it won't be possible to setup automatic selection based on criteria.

That's it. These three tables are enough to build the entire BOM structure. And good luck with recursion :)

Also take a look at the report BOMConsistOf, it may be already doing what you are going to do.

Best regards,
    Vitaliy
  • Options
    BAL_AXBAL_AX Member Posts: 12
    Hi,

look report "BOMConsistOf" and make a correction. Bom level is on inventtable-'Bomlevel' :!:
    Imposible is nothing.
  • Options
    HarishHarish Member Posts: 172
    Hello,

A while ago I uploaded Ax 4.0 data model document here - http://dynamicsuser.net/media/18/default.aspx

Though it is not obviously for Ax 2009, it might still answer your questions.

Regards,
    Harish Mohanbabu
    Long way to go before I sleep..
  • Options
    patelashlesh83patelashlesh83 Member Posts: 54
    Hi Harish,

I have a strange issue. Unfortunately the "BOM" related stuff is not visible anymore in my AX 2009 client. Not event on "Stock Management" client area page (i.e. "BOM Shippments") nor under the "Item Type" field (Combo box (i.e. "BOM")).

Also all the items listed under the "Stock Mangement"->"Item Details" form.

I think the issues is related to security (Access Rights), but i am not able to find the actual cause of the problem.

Can you please suggest some ways to overcome this issue as soon as possible. It is very critical to me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    /Ashlesh
  • Options
    AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    This is either a security or configuration key issue.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen