Error:: Item #### is not in Inventory

diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
edited 2012-11-14 in Navision Attain
Hi All,

In one of clients who is using NAV 3.6 whenever I am trying to Post a Transfer order of a item, it says the item is not in Inventory. The ledger of the items displays enough balance to make the transfer.

Has anyone came across such error or has the solution of the same, please revert back.

Regards

Diptish
Diptish Naskar
For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/

Comments

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    Check the location . System can show u inventory but still not available may come if ur entry is lying with a blank location in ledger and u might be selecting location while transferring the material.
    Kapil Khanna
  • diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply. But I have checked the item is present with a +ive balance in that location in the ledger.
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
    I think item must be committed somewhere else , means check the reservation.
    Kapil Khanna
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Are you doing the shipment or receiving of the transfer order?
    If it's receiving, then somebody has adjusted the intransit location.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
    ara3n wrote:
    Are you doing the shipment or receiving of the transfer order?
    If it's receiving, then somebody has adjusted the intransit location.

Hi Rashed,

Means ? Somebody has posted an -ve adjustment from journal using in transit as location. Because even in this case NAV wont throw the error.
    Kapil Khanna
  • diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    Hi,

Thanks for all the replies, I have check the CU 22 where the error occurs
    WITH ItemJnlLine DO BEGIN
      IF ItemLedgEntry.Open THEN BEGIN
        IF (((ItemLedgEntry."Entry Type" IN
              [ItemLedgEntry."Entry Type"::"Negative Adjmt.",
               ItemLedgEntry."Entry Type"::Purchase,
               ItemLedgEntry."Entry Type"::Consumption]) AND
             ("Source Type" = "Source Type"::Item)) OR
            (ItemLedgEntry."Entry Type" = ItemLedgEntry."Entry Type"::Transfer)) AND
           (ItemLedgEntry.Quantity < 0)
        THEN
          ERROR(Text005,ItemLedgEntry."Item No.");

This set of code is written on the procedure InsertItemLedgEntry(). But I donot have the clue of how to solve this issue. I have searched the forum with the same error but I was not able to find the solution of the same.
    Diptish Naskar
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Can you tell me what the "Available" stock is listed as in this warehouse in the set date.

Otherwise can you confirm there is no other transfer order/production order/sales order on using the item.

This question has been asked many many times before so I am surprised your search showed nothing.

9 times out of 10 the issue is with the user and the understanding of the availability. 1 in 10 it is a bug in the circumstances and processing, this maybe the case in your version, so I suggest after fully analysing all demand and verifying there is a quantity "available" then you report it back to your partner or Microsoft.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • Ravi_ThakkarRavi_Thakkar Member Posts: 392
    Is there any Solution to the above issue?
    I am also getting the same issue at the same line of code mentioned above while posting the Consumption at Subcontractor Location.

Please, let me know if it is a bug then, is there any MS Bugfix provided for the same?

Or, is there any solution?
    Ravi_Thakkar
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    E Mail : ravi.thakkar@hotmail.com
  • PeterVersteegePeterVersteege Member Posts: 13
    Before this function is executed, Navision tries to apply the Transfer or Consumption posting, with an positive item ledger.
    It seems very much like it doesnot find a positive item ledger entry with 'Remaining Quantity' larger than the quantity of the transfer.
    So please check if there are enough Item Ledger Entries for this Item / Location with Open = True.
    K3 Business Solutions
    Yes there are.

I have checked all the conditioned.
    Still having an issue.
    Any more suggestion?
    Ravi_Thakkar
  • bekiobekio Member Posts: 204
    I am having the same error, in the same part of code, but i have seen in Item Ledger Enty, there is a problem because i have OPEN ledger entries but the Document Type = Transfer, not purchase or positive adjusment. Also item by locations displays me that from the location that i am trying to make transfer it displays the item aviability more than 1000 quantity.

For any additional information, i am willing to answer to you.

Thanks in advice.
    You are absolutely right "Bekio".

Item Leadger Entry which going to be insert having Open= Yes. (Which shold be NO to get the problem solved.)

In which case it will be Closed?
    Ravi_Thakkar
  • geronimogeronimo Member Posts: 90
    You are absolutely right "Bekio".

Item Leadger Entry which going to be insert having Open= Yes. (Which shold be NO to get the problem solved.)

In which case it will be Closed?
    The closed happens when there is no more remaining qty available on the ledger, meaning when it is fully applied to other ledger entries.

Are you working with bin codes?
  • smshydsmshyd Member Posts: 72
    Hi all,
    I am getting same error (same function of code unit) but in my case i am doing receive from intransit to warehouse location.
    how come intransit is out of inventory if it is shipped to intransit
  • vaibhavmeshram88vaibhavmeshram88 Member Posts: 1
    In case if SKU is used and the demand for transfer is calculated through planning engine, and in SKU card if Re-ordering policy is order then while posting the TO this type of validation "Reserved item XYZ is not on inventory" will occur even when you have sufficient inventory at location.
    Changing the reordering policy to Lot-for-lot and running the planning engine again may solve the purpose.