Options

Object of type CodeUnit with id 6810 could not be found.

MattKeyesMattKeyes Member Posts: 41
edited 2011-01-17 in NAV Three Tier
I installed a second web service server tier (not a second RTC tier) in order to try out a few different things, and I am getting a strange error. I created a codeunit with a single "Hello World!" function, published it, and I then created a Visual Studio 2008 console application project, added the web reference, etc. etc.

However, when I run the console application from the Visual Studio debugger, here is the error message I get from the Hello World function:
Metadata for object of type CodeUnit with id 6810 is in a failed state.  This is caused by a previous exception: 

Object of type CodeUnit with id 6810 could not be found.

Does anyone have a fix for this? I imagine it has something to do with the fact that this is a second install of the web service server tier.

I am using NAV 2009 R2. The server components for employee portal are installed on the server and are compiled, but I do not use them in my test codeunit here (the test codeunit is in a standard Cronus database and is the only modified object). I have done development and installation for the web service tier before, but I have never had this problem (although this is the first time I've installed a second instance of it).

BTW - why did Microsoft give so many options to install a second web service/rtc tier but have the option to decide between the two be a simple "WS" at the end of the service name instead of an option during the install???? Bizarre!

Comments

• Options
    MattKeyesMattKeyes Member Posts: 41
    I figured this out... I had typo'd the return type for hello world and made it text a length of 3 instead of leaving the default of 30. I discovered this by actually running the function in NAV. Strange that an error regarding the EP codeunit popped up.

Also, just for note, the same thing occurred under NAV 2009 SP1 (I've tried both today).