Options

rdlc reports does not bring correct values!

tayftayf Member Posts: 6
edited 2011-01-17 in NAV Three Tier
Hi!

I have a problem when i create a layout (using visual studio reporting services 2005) based on a classic report. I want to save the report to pdf (using SAVEASPDF) through a webservice call (codeunit call report). Everything seems to be ok, i make the call and the report save as pdf but are some values that i cant bring/show in the pdf report (they work well when i run the report in classic client).
The values came from a global variable (name: "getBill") within the report and it is calculated inside a onAfterGetRecord(). Inside this method there is a codeunit variable that calls a specific method "processBill" that has as parameter "getBill" variable and returns the same getBill with some calculations and this is the value i cannot return. I think the problem is when a create the layout in VS but im not sure! can anyone help me?

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    Does classic report value is populated?
    s the report correct if you call it without going through the webservice?
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    tayftayf Member Posts: 6
    Hi!
    In classic mode the report runs fine but in rtc does not! so i think the problem is in the layout created by reporting services!
    thank you for your concern!
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    how did you create the rdlc layout? with the standard create layout suggestion? in that case, did you test the report, and have you added the necessary features? ("create layout suggestion" almost never works out of the box)
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog